Author Topic: Blueberry Pie Moonshine  (Read 14933 times)

Offline Agustine

Blueberry Pie Moonshine
« Reply #-1 on: February 12, 2018, 06:28:05 AM »

To get this started, let me first go on record and say again, this is not real homemade moonshine. This is a very strong mixed drink that can have the appearance of moonshine, since it is stored in a jar like the real stuff.

Ingredients
1/2 bottle of 190 proof Everclear (750ml)
1/2 cup of vanilla whipped Vodka
1 can of blueberry pie filling
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 gallon of Blueberry Juice or juice cocktail (found at any grocery store)
1 tub of blueberries
5 cinnamon sticks

Begin by bringing the juice, cinnamon sticks, and whole blueberries to a slow simmer in a large soup pot.

When simmering, add in the brown sugar and one can of blueberry pie filling. Stir slowly and continue to simmer for about 25 minutes.

When the blueberries are soft and all the sugars are dissolved, turn the heat off and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.

Once at room temperature, add in 1/2 cup of vanilla whipped vodka, and about 1/2 of the bottle of Everclear.

Transfer the moonshine into 1 quart jars and store in the refrigerator for at least 5 days before drinking.

This will be a much harsher drink than the apple pie moonshine, so be ready for that. The blueberries just don’t hide the strong alcohol taste, however with slow sips, this drink is delicious. The longer it ages in the fridge, the better it will be. I would suggest at least three or four days. This recipe, as listed, will make just over 3 quarts. You may need to experiment with the amount of Everclear to add to this recipe.

There are some variations to this homemade moonshine that I have found as well:

Variation #1. Use about 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract instead of the vodka.

Variation #2. Strain the blueberries out of the mixture. However, I like putting the blueberries in the jars and eating them later…

Variation #3. Use white sugar instead of brown. It will taste a little more like juice and not so much like pie, though.

It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicle that you realize that violence is never the answer.

Offline UWFSAE

Re: Blueberry Pie Moonshine
« on: February 12, 2018, 09:58:35 AM »
Interesting prep.  I’ve been wanting to try apple pie moonshine (I was a fan of “Justified” so it piqued my interest); I was gifted some of that Midnight Moon but at only 70 proof it felt like it had training wheels.  Do you find the flavor profile changes with a longer hold in the fridge?

Have you give homemade limoncello a try?  That stuff is legitimately addictive; I made some with Meyer lemons (using the Serious Eats recipe) and was hooked.
Joe from Crosby, TX
Smokin-It #3
Weber Genesis E-330

Offline Agustine

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 10:02:21 AM »
This is a recipe one of my friends make around Christmas time. Not sure on how long they leave it in the fridge. I do know anytime I drink it I will cut it with some non alcohol drink or you could be upside down real fast drinking it  ;D
It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicle that you realize that violence is never the answer.

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 11:10:28 AM »
I am really disappointed in you Agustine. You forgot the most important step. Give your wife a couple before you tell her you are buying a new grill, smoker etc ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Old Hickory