Author Topic: Burger  (Read 4167 times)

Offline africanmeat

• Cape Town South Africa
Re: Burger
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2015, 01:32:37 PM »
Awesome burgers.

Last weekend using a cast iron skillet I did steaks. Prior to the steaks I cut up onions, bell peppers, whole cherry tomatoes. Drizzled Olive oil and rock salt and put that in close to the fire. At the same time put in an empty skillet. This is important as you don't want to put the steak into a cold skillet. A little oil and put in the steaks, searing one side. Then turn just once to finish. If for some reason someone wants the steak well cooked  :'(cooking. move the skillet to a cooler area of the oven to finish. With those veggies seared all tastes great.
If I do this again I'll take some photos ;)

sounds good i will await for your photos . try next time , instead of putting oil in the skillet , rub some oil on the steak .this way you can leave the skillet get very hot ,and only then put the steak
Ahron
cadac gas grill
GMG Daniel Boone
MES 30"
RF self made smoker
wood pizza oven
weber

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2015, 01:45:56 PM »
Awesome burgers.

Last weekend using a cast iron skillet I did steaks. Prior to the steaks I cut up onions, bell peppers, whole cherry tomatoes. Drizzled Olive oil and rock salt and put that in close to the fire. At the same time put in an empty skillet. This is important as you don't want to put the steak into a cold skillet. A little oil and put in the steaks, searing one side. Then turn just once to finish. If for some reason someone wants the steak well cooked  :'(cooking. move the skillet to a cooler area of the oven to finish. With those veggies seared all tastes great.
If I do this again I'll take some photos ;)

sounds good i will await for your photos . try next time , instead of putting oil in the skillet , rub some oil on the steak .this way you can leave the skillet get very hot ,and only then put the steak

That makes sense....
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Smokerjunky

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2015, 03:09:51 PM »
great looking burgers - I bet they really retained the juices in that oven too! 
Grand Slam Pro
Weber Summit

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2015, 07:18:28 PM »
Good looking burgers!  I used to cook everything in the pizza oven when I worked in a pizzeria back in college, but we weren't wood fired.

Bet it added a great a nice smoky accent.

BE
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC