Author Topic: With all the low price Pizza ovens out there from gas to wood etc are there any  (Read 19287 times)

Offline Tailgating is my game

With all the low price Pizza ovens out there from gas to wood etc are there any
« Reply #-1 on: September 28, 2016, 06:10:14 PM »
that make large pizzas for parties. I take it people like RG will use his keg & I would think the Pizza kettle would make big pies on a 22 inch weber but there seems to be a market for a large low price pizza oven.

The Uuni, PP, & Blackstone only make 14 inch or smaller pies but does anyone know a low cost (under $400.00) maker that will make 18 inch pies of quality & with speed.

I know I can make pies on my grill with a pizza stone  but I am talking about the better quality of these new machines in a larger size.

Is the high temp a reason that they are not out there now?
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
Akorn to the rescue! It's an 18" inch grill so with a deflector and a pizza stone, you can knock out a large pie in about 5 minutes. After re-reading your post, maybe not, lol. If you're wanting an 18" pie, that's a tall order on a Kamado. You could do it on a dedicated pizza oven but finding one at $400.00 is the challenge for sure.

It would be great if UUNI made a larger version. I recently stumbled upon THIS pizza oven, people seem to love it! It also does little pizzas though, so still not the solution you're looking for.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Akorn to the rescue! It's an 18" inch grill so with a deflector and a pizza stone, you can knock out a large pie in about 5 minutes. After re-reading your post, maybe not, lol. If you're wanting an 18" pie, that's a tall order on a Kamado. You could do it on a dedicated pizza oven but finding one at $400.00 is the challenge for sure.

It would be great if UUNI made a larger version. I recently stumbled upon THIS pizza oven, people seem to love it! It also does little pizzas though, so still not the solution you're looking for.

Well at least a 16 inch LOL  I guess they will be coming as this new market grows. What would you do for a large party PG would you just use the Kegs or have both cookers running?

The new pizza cooker does look good ;D ;D
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline RG

I have had pizza parties with multiple Kegs rolling. It's doable. The thing is with Kamados, they can get hotter than blue blazes but that doesn't work on a big ol' pizza unless you want a black crust and underdone dough with luke warm cheese, lol. The sweet spot on a kamado is about 650° on the stone. We actually have a "method" of cooking pizzas on the keg. We make our dough and shape it and place it onto a parchment paper lined pizza pan, trim off the edges otherwise it'll burn (parchment paper, not dough). Sauce, cheese and top it and take it to the keg. Slide it onto the pizza stone by pulling the parchment paper off of the pan. Once the dough sets up (about 3 minutes) we slide the paper out from underneath the dough and then let it ride the stone to get nice and brown. Rotate it to cook even as needed. All 3 of my kegs cook hotter in the back, not sure why.

The UUNI would be excellent for parties as long as you're doing individual pies for each guest. I would involve them in making the pies though, saves you time and lets them make it the way they want. I would make the skins for them, let them sauce, cheese and top them in "pizza bar" fashion. Once they've made their pie, bring it out to the UUNI (or blackstone, etc.) and fire it off for them. I go a little overboard, I have little pizza boxes (10 inch) that I put the pies in once they're done :) I blame Restaurant Depot for that, lol!
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Once they've made their pie, bring it out to the UUNI (or blackstone, etc.)

RG I see Tom does that also. Why not make the pies outside next to the oven. That way everyone stays together. The fly that lands in the sauce just would add to the flavor ;D ;D

It would also keep the mess outside
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Pappymn

With all the low price Pizza ovens out there from gas to wood etc are there any
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 04:30:48 PM »
That roccbox looks interesting. Would be better if it got hotter. I also think sourcing wood in the size required would be a challenge.
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline RG

RG I see Tom does that also. Why not make the pies outside next to the oven. That way everyone stays together. The fly that lands in the sauce just would add to the flavor ;D ;D

Well, either way works for me! I did what you said when I christened the UUNI. I had my dough balls under plastic wrap and a plate with assorted goodies and cheeses and a sauce bowl. I made each pizza as I needed it, using a sheet tray to contain the flour. When one was cooking, I made the next one. Worked out I suppose.

Offline tomcrete1

Well, either way works for me! I did what you said when I christened the UUNI. I had my dough balls under plastic wrap and a plate with assorted goodies and cheeses and a sauce bowl. I made each pizza as I needed it, using a sheet tray to contain the flour. When one was cooking, I made the next one. Worked out I suppose.

Had my store bought dough ready to go all I had to,do was sauce, cheese and apply peporoni, Blackstone is in the garage it's easier to do prep in kitchen andd bring it out to the grill. Someday I hope to have the outdoor kitchen probably at the the Florida house and will be able to prep out at the grill. However outdoor grill in Florida will mean Florida weather so,it still may be better in the AC . Just Sayin..
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline RG

No doubt Tom! I live in GA so the humidity along with 90°+ heat is no fun! I am born and raised in GA and still can't stand the summer :P

I much prefer fall weather. Spring is ok but it seems to skip straight into summer, not much spring weather and the pollen is INSANE! Winter is not too bad in GA. The thing I like about cooler weather is that you can control your comfort by the clothes you wear. Add a few layers as needed. In the summer, you can run around naked as a jaybird and still be miserable and sweaty (I'll let you all visualize that for a second, lol)

All this talk of pizza is making me want to fire the UUNI up again. I plan on making some homemade pepperoni this weekend as well as some homemade sausage. I bought some lean ground beef for the pep and a boston butt for the sassidge. Those both will go well with the homemade bacon I already have on hand. Maybe one day I can make my own cheese and grow my own veggies. As it stands, I already make my own dough, sauce, bacon, sausage, pepperoni. It would be kind of neat to say that I made the cheese and grew the onions and peppers too!

Offline Roget

Actually the Blackstone will accommodate a 16 in. pizza if you are adept enough to get it centered on the stone.
The stone is 16 in. & I am not good enough at launching to get a 16 in. perfectly centered.

Most of mine are as, as you say, no bigger than 14 in.
Actually two 12 in. pies will give you more pizza than a single 16 in., & they are quicker to prepare (at least for me).
I also have better luck with the smaller skins not sticking to the peel, due to being able to dress them in less time.

As quick as they cook I can have two of the 12-14 in. pizzas baked in less than ten minutes.
We don't have large parties, so I can easily keep everyone eating making smaller pizza.
For large parties maybe you would need larger pizzas, but maybe not.

Another thing I like about making smaller pizzas is that I can prepare a bigger variety of different toppings.
If a guest doesn't care for a topping on a particular pizza, he can wait four minutes & have his favorite. 
YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Flat Top X 2 (36" & 28")
DBS w/Auberins dual probe PID
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Grand Hall 3 burner Grill w/rotisserie,smoke tray, & side burner

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
To make a pizza bigger than about 14 in you need to make in a pizza pan.
Pizza peels are 16 in usually.
16 in is difficult to launch!, 14 is about as big as I make.
When cooking for a group you can turn out every 5-7 minutes.
I use 2 peels , roll the dough out on both then the guests put on sauce & toppings which are pre done in bowls .
It's easier to launch on the AKORN with 2 people.
As soon as the first is done the second is put on & the dough is rolled out on the first peel.
As fast as the pizza's come out 14 in pizza's feed a lot of people.
I roll out the first 2 , I use a pizza roller & can always find someone to room the dough with it.
Me & a friend man the AKORN, a designated rooller , & the guests top their own pizza's
It's a fun party & everyone enjoys.
The only problem with the AKORN is it takes about an hour to get settled into temp
New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp

Ok I found it folks  just the size I am looking for ??? ??? ??? ???   
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Roget

I like pizza... No, I love pizza.

But.
YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Flat Top X 2 (36" & 28")
DBS w/Auberins dual probe PID
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Grand Hall 3 burner Grill w/rotisserie,smoke tray, & side burner

Offline RG

My favorite food bounces back and forth between pizza and BBQ but overall I'd probably go with pizza! I love a good pizza!