Author Topic: What are those acronyms  (Read 93763 times)

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
Re: What are those acronyms
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2014, 01:06:32 AM »
NYS = New York Strip
SV = Sous Vide
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2014, 02:30:11 PM »

SV = Sous Vide
Or SUV as my wife calls it,LOL.Fortunately I speak MRS SPUDS.Its like Klingon I think?
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2014, 02:43:30 PM »

SV = Sous Vide
Or SUV as my wife calls it,LOL.Fortunately I speak MRS SPUDS.Its like Klingon I think?

I think your wife and mine are related.  My wife refers to Law and Order Special Victims Unit (SVU) as Law and Order SUV.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Iceman1955

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2015, 05:42:09 PM »
Don't forget "UMS".
It's what happens to us less fortunate guys that get caught by the boss lady drinking adult beverages to early in the morning while tending to the smoker.
UGLY MOOD SWINGS  :o  ;D

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2015, 05:45:57 PM »
Don't forget "UMS".
It's what happens to us less fortunate guys that get caught by the boss lady drinking adult beverages to early in the morning while tending to the smoker.
UGLY MOOD SWINGS  :o  ;D
LOL, YEP :D :D :D :D ??? ??? ???
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Salmonsmoker

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2018, 11:33:48 AM »
Where was this list when I started? ???

FL = Foil love
FT = Fat Tire

It took me a while to figure out what Sparky was talking about when he would talk about FT. They started selling it here in Alabama about 6 months ago. I am having one right now. And yes my wife has already told me that 10:30 in the am is too early but I have ribs in the smoker. Gotta have a beer while I cook, the meat won't cook right if I don't.

TP, (maybe I shouldn't shorten your name) your comment made me chuckle. I am a BJCP beer judge  (Beer Judge Certification Program) and judge at a lot of Homebrew competions. My wfe's friend, a non-drinker, once asked "what could be worse than drinking beer at 9am?" My reply - having to wait until noon....

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2018, 03:10:42 PM »

And yes my wife has already told me that 10:30 in the am is too early but I have ribs in the smoker. Gotta have a beer while I cook, the meat won't cook right if I don't.

So what that it is 10:30. I just look at it as a good thing that beer can't tell time.
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2018, 05:56:54 PM »

And yes my wife has already told me that 10:30 in the am is too early but I have ribs in the smoker. Gotta have a beer while I cook, the meat won't cook right if I don't.

So what that it is 10:30. I just look at it as a good thing that beer can't tell time.

Plus Ben Franklin, a truly great American said "Beer Is Proof God Loves Us And Wants Us To Be Happy".
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline cookinpellets junior

• cookinpellets.com
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2018, 03:04:08 PM »
 :thumbup:nice idea.
I used FTC the other day and the member had to ask what it meant. So I will start a small list and don't be shy to add to it.

ABT - Atomic Buffalo Turd; stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon.
BB or BBR - Baby Back Ribs
BBQ - Barbecue: Foods cooked low and slow, and often smoked; not to be confused with grilling
BTW - By The Way
CT - Carolina Treet, brand name for a Carolina style vinegar based cooking and basting sauce that is growing in popularity on the Bradley forum board. It is especially good on chicken and pork.
CYM or YM - Cheap Yellow Mustard or Yellow Mustard
EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
FTC - Foil Towel Cooler
A resting / staging method of wrapping the product in Foil, then and old Towel, and place in a warmed Cooler (no ice). This keeps the product hot and allows flexibility in serving times. Most plan to get the food done early, then use FTC to hold the product until serving time. This method also acts as a passive oven, allowing the meat to cool slowly and evenly, while continuing the break down of connective tissue/collagen.
IMHO - In My Humble Opinion
IMO - In My Opinion
IT - Internal Temperature (of meat): The desired "doneness", measured at the thickness area of the meat using an instant read or probe meat thermometer.
OT - Oven Temperature (temperature of the oven / tower/cabinet, not meat)
PID -Proportional, Integral, Derivative
An electrical temperature control devise used to provide tighter temperature regulation of the smoker
PR or PRIB - Prime Rib
SRG - the Smoker, Roaster and Grill; an Infrared Smoker, Roaster & Grill by CharBroil.
TBE - The Big Easy; an Infrared Turkey Fryer by CharBroil
SWMBO - She Who Must Be Obeyed. Refers to getting permission from your significant other prior to making any decisions.

jr@cookinpellets.com
facebook: cookinpellets junior
facebook cookinpellets
www.cookinpellets.com

Offline Lines

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2018, 06:34:59 PM »
Good list.

One addition:

In most forums,    OT ="Off Topic." 

So in a cooking forum it can have two meanings, depending on where it's used.

Tip: Here's a BB code that can be used specifically for acronyms:

Syntax:
[acronym="Type Acronym meaning here"]Type_Acronym_Here[/acronym]

Example:
[acronym="Cheap Yellow mustard"]CYM[/acronym]

...will display the following result (hover your mouse pointer over the text below):

CYM

Cool, already learning something in here. Making a beer stay in the fridge until noon. (alcohol abuse)