Author Topic: Turkey Soup recipe?  (Read 20422 times)

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
Re: Turkey Soup recipe?
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2016, 12:08:19 PM »
Also, you can after you roast the carcass & veggies, cook the stock in a pressure cooker for 1 hour.  I love these pressure cooker recipes.  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Not sure what you mean. Roast the carcass and cook the carcass and stock in the pressure cooker? Or after boiling it then put in the PC.?
Roast carcuss and veggies in oven at 400º for an hour then add to pressure and cook for an hour. Makes the best stock.  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2016, 03:25:55 PM »
thanks
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2016, 02:55:34 PM »
I found this recipe a couple of years ago and made it for the wife's quilt guild meeting and there was none left. I used a smoked turkey brined in Smokehouse  Rob's brine w/cure 1 added, I'm getting ready to make another batch this afternoon using the leg and wing meat from this years bird to add some meat to it. Last time I made it I doubled the recipe and added a whole smoked turkey to the recipe.

Turkey Soup with Root Vegetables        

Prep Time: 40 Minutes   Ready In: 4 Hours 20 Minutes
Submitted By: kdonofrio   Cook Time: 3 Hours 40 Minutes   Servings: 6
"Parsnip and rutabaga join carrots and celery in this flavorful use of a Thanksgiving turkey carcass."
Ingredients:
1 roast turkey carcass, cut into pieces
12 cups cold water
3 stalks celery, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1 Spanish onion, chopped
1/4 bunch Italian parsley
2 bay leaves
12 whole black peppercorns

2 tablespoons olive oil   1 red onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, diced
2 carrots, diced
1 large parsnip, peeled and diced
1/2 pound rutabagas, peeled and diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons minced Italian parsley
salt and black pepper to taste
1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
Directions:
1.   Bring the turkey carcass and water to a boil in a large pot over high heat. Skim off and discard any scum that forms. Add the chopped celery, chopped carrots, chopped Spanish onion, 1/4 bunch parsley, bay leaves, and peppercorns and return to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 3 hours. Strain the turkey broth through a mesh sieve and skim off any fat that floats to the surface.
2.   Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the red onion; cook until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the diced celery, diced carrots, parsnip, and rutabaga; cook 5 minutes more. Stir in the garlic and chopped parsley, and cook for 1 minute more. Pour in the turkey broth, season to taste with salt and pepper, and bring to a simmer over high heat.
3.   Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the vegetables are nearly tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in the orzo and cook until just tender, about 7 minutes. Cover and remove the pot from the heat. Let stand until the orzo is tender, about 5 minutes