Author Topic: A-MAZE-N-TUBE SMOKER in the Royall 2000 Pellet Smoker.  (Read 2226 times)

Offline Savannahsmoker

A-MAZE-N-TUBE SMOKER in the Royall 2000 Pellet Smoker.
« Reply #-1 on: December 23, 2012, 09:39:08 PM »
Through experimentation I determined I can locate Todd’s A-MAZ-TUBE-SMOKER below the Drip Pan next to the Heat Shield instead on top of the grill grates as in the Traeger thus providing excellent smoke distribution.

Here how it goes in.  Start here and remove the grill and drip pan.

I canted up the fire shield to how it is different.  On the Royall’s the front and rear of the fire shield are open and on the Traeger the left and right are open.

Next set the, loaded with your favorite pellets, tube over the auger feed tube and light it.  I use some bent strapping material to set it on.

Wait five or ten minutes, blow out the flame and re-install the drip pan and grates.  Here you can see the smoke spreading out in the grill. 

Notice the nice clean blue smoke coming out of the chimney once it settled in.

This is at 4 ½ hours and you can see the tube was on its way to burning completely.

Todd sent me his products to test and the A-MAZ-TUBE SMOKER is a winner in the Royall 2000.
I am able to cold smoke and add more smoke flavor at any pit temp from low and slow, smoke/roasting or high temp roasting temperatures.  Also, by locating it below the drip pan it does not take up grill space in the Royall.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 10:18:18 PM by Savannahsmoker »
Art

Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron (Copper)
Royall RG 2000 (gone to live with nephew)
Weber Genesis E-330 (Copper)
The Big Easy
Weber Smokey Joe Gold for fun and vacation,

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
Re: A-MAZE-N-TUBE SMOKER in the Royall 2000 Pellet Smoker.
« on: December 23, 2012, 10:14:42 PM »
Very nice demonstration, I like the amazin smoke tubes for sure !