Author Topic: Savor Spices Chicken on the Weber  (Read 53261 times)

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
Re: Savor Spices Chicken on the Weber
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2015, 01:44:19 PM »
Pappy, tell me about your pan sauce please - it looks great.
Thx!

Yes, curious about the sauce, too.  But, I'm also interested in how you set up the Performer to cook the two yardbirds at the same time.

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline Pappymn

Savor Spices Chicken on the Weber
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2015, 02:30:51 PM »
I've been watching too many cooking videos on YouTube lately. And simple pan sauces often finish most dishes. I am getting better at doing it.

For this cook, since I didn't have any pan drippings or fond as I cooked on the grill. So I sautéed some diced red onion in butter. Deglazed the pan with a glug of white wine. Added a couple of cups of chicken stock, and a tablespoon of chicken base. Reduce to concentrate flavor. Add a couple of nubs of butter to tighten it up a bit. At this point adjust seasoning.
This is a thin sauce and not a Hub approved gravy.
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Pappymn

Savor Spices Chicken on the Weber
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2015, 02:32:37 PM »
I banked a chimney of lit charcoal on the left side. I put the spatchcocked birds on the right. Rotated them half way through.
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Savor Spices Chicken on the Weber
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2015, 02:37:01 PM »
I was wondering about it since you did the chicken on the Weber. This sounds like a great idea and tasty pan sauce. I might try adding some diced mushrooms while cooking it down - just like the flavor they add. Thank you - I will try it!

BTW - not sure HUB requires thick gravy... I think I have seen him approve of a red eye gravy... I might be wrong....

You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #