Author Topic: Boneless Flanken Beef  (Read 40561 times)

Offline cookiecdcmk

• Always looking for new ways to improve my food.
Boneless Flanken Beef
« Reply #-1 on: August 26, 2015, 02:40:14 PM »
A friend of mine gave me this information on Boneless Flanken below.  I have tried to look up things about this cut and keep seeing information about ribs being part of this cut.  I know there are experts on this site and would to see what they have to say about this cut and how to properly order it from a butcher.  The first butcher that I asked seemed to think that I wanted ribs.
"YESTERDAY I DROVE OUT THERE AND TALKED WITH THE HEAD BUTCHER.  HE TOLD ME THAT WHEN THEY ARE CUTTING UP A 40 TO 60 POUND PIECE OF BEEF THERE IS ONE PIECE THAT IS TRIMMED OFF TO SQUARE UP THE NEXT CUTS.  EACH BIG PIECE WILL GENERATE 2 STEAKS THAT ARE 2 INCHES X 2 INCHES X 10 INCHS LONG. 
IT IS CALLED "BONELESS BEEF FLANKEN STEAK".  IF YOU HAVE A TRUE BUTCHER SHOP NEAR YOU, YOU WILL NEED TO CALL WAY IN ADVANCE AND ORDER THEM.  PENN DUTCH HAD SOME BUT THEY HAD CUT THEM IN 1/2 INCH STEAKS.  THE BUTCHER TOLD ME 2X2X10 IS THE ACTUAL SIZE WHEN THEY TRIM IT OFF. "

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Boneless Flanken Beef
« on: August 26, 2015, 02:41:45 PM »
Good information - thank you!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #