Author Topic: Ale  (Read 15872 times)

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
Ale
« Reply #-1 on: September 21, 2015, 12:43:15 PM »
  While I was in Ohio I was introduced to Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale.  Then latter that day we had some from the keg at German Fest.  This is a unique product that is worth a try if you can find it.   
 I brought a case home with me since I believe  its a fairly local thing right now.

http://www.kentuckyale.com/portfolio_page/kentuckybourbonbarrelale/

Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: Ale
« on: September 21, 2015, 12:53:17 PM »
Look  interesting, and y'all know I really don't drink.    Pass by the house on the way home Terry and bring some by  ;)  ;)
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 02:12:58 PM »
Heading out on our Bourbon Trail tour tomorrow.  I will look for it.

We were supposed to leave today, but by the time I arrived home from my trip to Indianapolis, I was too tired to drive anywhere today.  We will arrive in Paducah on Thursday after hitting a few distilleries.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 03:20:48 PM »
Tommy , Since you don't drink check out their recipes on the web site. This should link to the ribs but that pecan pie looked about awesome as well.
http://www.kentuckyale.com/portfolio_page/kentucky-bourbon-barrel-ale-ribs/

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 04:13:18 PM »
I make a killer bourbon pecan pie..just saying, modesty showing..you will love it.  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 04:19:54 PM »
I make a killer bourbon pecan pie..just saying, modesty showing..you will love it.  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Maybe I'll be headed back to the Great White North sooner than expected!

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 05:00:16 PM »
Maybe I'll be headed back to the Great White North sooner than expected!
Lemme know and I will bake one specially for you.. .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline RAD

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 06:22:56 PM »
sounds like I need to make a trip across the bridge.
Love to cook and eat

Offline akruckus

• Smoking the day away...
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 02:52:23 AM »
My brother in law got me a bottle of ale aged in bourbon barrels from Brooklyn Brewing company (He lives in Astoria).  It was definitely different and interesting.  The one he got me came in a champagne looking bottle with a cork top.  It was good and went well with the short ribs I made, but we both agreed you could only have 1-2 in a sitting, and wasn't something we both could just sit all day and enjoy.

http://brooklynbrewery.com/brooklyn-beers/bqe/wild-streak
Weber Limited Edition Kettle- Red
PBC
Weber Genesis- "Iggles" Green
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 11:11:01 AM »
My brother in law got me a bottle of ale aged in bourbon barrels from Brooklyn Brewing company (He lives in Astoria).  It was definitely different and interesting.  The one he got me came in a champagne looking bottle with a cork top.  It was good and went well with the short ribs I made, but we both agreed you could only have 1-2 in a sitting, and wasn't something we both could just sit all day and enjoy.

Looks good.I would like to try it. My sister will be up there in the next couple months. Maybe she can get me one.  Ageing in the whisky/bourbon barrels certainly seems a good way to go.  And no you don't want to drink it all day but that's the case with a lot of Ales. Especially at $8 -$15 a 4 pack or even each...  Of coarse the alcohol content is much higher than basic beers (as much as 13.9%  in Alabama now too so one goes a long way. (Average beer is around 4.9%)   
 My all day beer is still Red Stripe. Lucky Buddha if I'm "lucky" enough to afford it... Unless someone else brings it ! Then its whatever is in the ice chest.
With the exception of Miller Lite and Natural lite which I never touch. 

Offline akruckus

• Smoking the day away...
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 03:28:03 AM »

Looks good.I would like to try it. My sister will be up there in the next couple months. Maybe she can get me one.  Ageing in the whisky/bourbon barrels certainly seems a good way to go.  And no you don't want to drink it all day but that's the case with a lot of Ales. Especially at $8 -$15 a 4 pack or even each...  Of coarse the alcohol content is much higher than basic beers (as much as 13.9%  in Alabama now too so one goes a long way. (Average beer is around 4.9%)   
 My all day beer is still Red Stripe. Lucky Buddha if I'm "lucky" enough to afford it... Unless someone else brings it ! Then its whatever is in the ice chest.
With the exception of Miller Lite and Natural lite which I never touch.

Celebrations (although few and far inbetween) are the only times of Good beer all day. For me a beer or two of whatever is in season followed by either canned Yuengling or a couple glasses of Makers Mark, neat.
Weber Limited Edition Kettle- Red
PBC
Weber Genesis- "Iggles" Green
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759

Offline cookiecdcmk

• Always looking for new ways to improve my food.
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 08:07:39 AM »
TLG4942:  Interested in your comment about Lucky Budda.  It is a craft beer made here in South Florida.  I have never seen it in a retail store, and think it is available only in a restaurant or pub.  Wondered where you get it in Lower LA (Lower Alabama)?

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2015, 08:12:01 AM »
I tried that Ale last night at dinner.  Actually, I tried it twice.  Really good.  I am going to look for some to take home. 

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2015, 11:13:50 AM »
 cookiecdcmk:  I get it at the local Piggly Wiggly. These particular stores in our area are owned by a guy that likes having a really good beer and wine supply. They even special order and stock things for folks. Strange for the Pig but it works for us!
 I also saw it at Publix and now and then at Wal Mart. 

Art,  I had to try it like 5 or 6 times just to be sure!   I even brought a case home just to be sure..
 I'm going to make the rib sauce with it off their site. I think that flavor should do really well.

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2015, 10:38:06 PM »
cookiecdcmk:  I get it at the local Piggly Wiggly. These particular stores in our area are owned by a guy that likes having a really good beer and wine supply. They even special order and stock things for folks. Strange for the Pig but it works for us!
 I also saw it at Publix and now and then at Wal Mart. 

Art,  I had to try it like 5 or 6 times just to be sure!   I even brought a case home just to be sure..
 I'm going to make the rib sauce with it off their site. I think that flavor should do really well.

Make that two more tonight with dinner.  I also bought some to take home.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11