Author Topic: Whole top Sirloin cutting up  (Read 33689 times)

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
Re: Whole top Sirloin cutting up
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2016, 02:38:53 PM »
Looks good to me..you can only get better with practice.  I grind my own sausage with my KitchenAid all the time now..thanks to Cliff , TentHunter, using his sausage seasonings. I cut it into strips to fit in the feeder and just go for it. I do aobut 25 -30 lbs at a time, then package in 1 lb ziploc freezer bags. I should try the beef now.  Good price on your beef too..more $$$$ly here.  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
You betcha Pam.I havent bought burger meat in forever now.KA grinder and all burger,sausage home made now,well,I do buy some sausage.

Once you make your own burger you never go back,burger made from one cut,not 500 cows at once,so much safer.And cheaper.And tastier.

My jerky trim ALL of it makes burger,2/3rd jerky,1/3rd burger,ZERO waste.

Oh,we do 1lb ziplocks too!  ;D
I am a work in progress.  lol  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
LOL,me too.I just picked up a Chuck roll from Restaurant depot for 3.55/lb.I joined KCBS just to be able to shop there.Its also select but last one was real tender on most parts,I got a ton of steaks,2 roasts and about 6 lbs of burger from this 23 lb cut.
Dogs got about 1/8 lb of sinew/silver skin trim.They say chuck has even less waste than the Round bottom primal too,I had so little waste on this chuck it was surprising.
We had one of the steaks this morning for Breakfast and it was quite tender also. Wife just pan fried them. Go Hawks  :)

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2016, 03:56:43 PM »
Makes you wonder why the ones we cut,as selects,are tender?
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2016, 04:34:35 PM »
Makes you wonder why the ones we cut,as selects,are tender?
And more flavorful than choice...... Weird