Author Topic: A video from the Cookout with Bremer...  (Read 17641 times)

Offline Jaxon

Re: A video from the Cookout with Bremer...
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2017, 06:47:14 PM »
Lord willing and the creek don't rise I plan on making it there for the next one. I would like to bring my KBQ as well. Hauling wood might be an issue, you got any hickory and/or oak down there Jack? I could smoke a brisket, a butt and some ribs to do my part. I can even bring some sides. I am excited! I hope I can get this thing figured out, I hated that we missed it.

We have  hickory, oak, peach, charcoal, etc. We'll be glad to see you and to see how that Kbq works.

B T W, you won't have to do "you're part".  The only ones who cook are the ones who want to cook. Some of the guys cooked multiple foods because they enjoyed it as much as I do. This is an event that is more about the fellowship than the food, but doggone, we have such good food.
I was able to taste some rubs and sauces that I will be using a lot now.  I was able to cook some wild hog someone brought and eat elk meat...also had tongue tacos - just some exotic foods we had along with the more traditional meats and sides.  Many were in a meat coma by Saturday evening.

If we do this again, you must make sure to be here.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2017, 02:09:09 AM »
Sorry that I am late to this party, but I just got back home this weekend from the Cookout at Backyard Jack's. I have viewed both Jaxon's video and Mike's video and am now prepared to give video approval to both of them. One thing I learned from each video is that dieting is definitely in my future. I want to thank Jaxon and Deb for their generous hospitality. They always do so much for us and we appreciate them. I enjoyed visiting with everybody. I think we all had a great time. There is nothing better than spending time with so many good friends on this forum. I'm just now getting over my meat coma.

I had to make a quick drive home to Houston, but, on the way, I did get to have a good lunch with Dee in Augusta. We went over to see the new RecTec showroom. I also normally stop way down south in Alabama to have a bite to eat with Terry and Kerry, but I went through Mobile about 3 in the morning and I don't think they wanted me to wake them up.

I have some video of our Gathering, but I did more eating and talking than picture taking this time. I will put a short video together in the next few days so y'all can see a third prospective on what happened. Thanks to everybody for making this event so much fun.

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2017, 09:43:37 PM »
Everybody wanted to get together with Bremer...

Thanks for being such a great friend!
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!