Author Topic: Photography  (Read 22576 times)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Photography
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2013, 12:11:58 PM »
I know what you mean; spending time in a foreign country means so much more than just the language.  The culturally different ways of thinking are often quite unique, and I believe exposing kids to different ideas leads to increased tolerance and understanding as adults.
pz - that was my intention. It wasn't about learning a language (although that has helped.) It was about helping my kids learn that differences are good. I wanted them to understand that differences in what they have, money, every thing else, didn't matter - people were people. And I am happy to say, it has worked. My kids are not afraid or concerned about these things. To them - people are people. There are good people and bad people - but it has nothing to do with color or where they come from. If I do nothing else, this was good.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #