Author Topic: Old Wire Brushes  (Read 13325 times)

Offline hikerman

Re: Old Wire Brushes
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2013, 01:31:27 PM »
David, some of that gunk adds a bit o' flavor, and if the top rails are too clean sticking may occur unless re-seasoned. Just my hunch!

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 01:34:37 PM »
Gene, I get it. I use a black scrungy on the top - they are just right - never stick (one reason I DON'T want to wash them or put them in the dishwasher.) They are seasoned just right. I agree to some extent about the "extra" flavor - just would like to take some of that flavor out without ruining the seasoning.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline hikerman

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 01:45:24 PM »
I do know what you are saying, it is kinda gross at times. Periodic scraping with the tool is really what is recommended  by GG.

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2013, 03:07:35 PM »
Thanks!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #