Author Topic: Knife  (Read 13434 times)

Offline Palmyrasteak

Knife
« Reply #-1 on: October 09, 2013, 09:35:47 PM »
I was just wondering, what would be a good choice for a knife for cutting up deer meat. I have been using a Victorinox
40510 for so long the blade is getting worn from sharpening.  I have had a lot use out of it with no problem keeping it sharp. Would you recommend another brand? Know of a good web site to compare prices? I am NO butcher, but I like to get my meats and cut it the way I like it. Not only deer but beef and pork also. Thanks for any advice you can help me with.

Offline Rummm

• If you're lookin you ain't cookin!
    • Ask-A-Butcher
Re: Knife
« on: October 10, 2013, 04:45:25 AM »
If you've been happy with what you've been using, I see no reason to switch. However, you might want to take a look at these Forschner's.

http://www.cadcutlery.com/boning.htm
"Culture is what your butcher would have if he were a surgeon.''

http://www.ask-a-butcher.com

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 10:09:06 AM »
Check out www.bubbablade.com.  It is very impressive and not really expensive.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 10:44:55 AM »
Why am I not surprised that dee would recommend a knife named "Bubba" (with models called "Stiffie" and "Woody" and a t-shirt that says, "My wife just gave me a nine inch Stiffie")?
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 12:19:24 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 07:25:04 AM »
Check out www.bubbablade.com.  It is very impressive and not really expensive.  Dee

Their 7 inch Penetrator Tactical is great for carving ham at the Stafford Thanksgiving table!
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 11:11:50 AM »
It works well for Saturday night carvin's at The Dew Drop Inn or Bubba's All You Can Eat Buffet and Strip Club.  Dee

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 02:10:37 PM »
I have 2-3 old Chicago cutlery 6- in boning knifes .
They are good foe boning & trimming silver skin  & gristle.
Something with a little flex helps.
The reason I have a couple is so I can finish the work with a knife still being sharp.
New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp

Offline Palmyrasteak

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2013, 07:40:48 PM »
Thanks for the info folks  :)  I still have a while before I ware these all the way down. But I'm just looking around before it gets to that point. I like the ones I use, so I guess it would be best to buy more of whats been working for me. Thanks again!