Author Topic: Kirby Cannon review.  (Read 11733 times)

Offline CANNON-MAN

Kirby Cannon review.
« Reply #-1 on: June 18, 2014, 11:37:11 PM »
I am adding another review from a customer that has put his to good use. He has cranked around 500# though it since he got it going in April.

Kirby Cannon review

« on: April 24, 2014, 07:39:57 pm »

I purchased a 15# Kirby Cannon a few weeks ago to replace a 11# Cabela's stuffer. I had looked into the cannon last year and just thought it looked to complicated. My Cabela's stuffer had just broken down so I was searching again. After looking at all my options and the cost I decided to give the cannon a shot. Kirby sent it out very quickly and it all was delivered as he described it would be. I printed the picture with all the parts I needed and headed to Home Depot. They had all the parts and within an hour I had it all together.

The first test run would be 25#s of summer sausage. I live in the country so we have well water with a pressure switch set at 40/60. After a quick learning curve I was pumping out sticks like nothing! This thing really packs a nice stick.

Test #2 would be 50#s of snack sticks. After setting it up and starting to stuff I realized my well pressure would need to be adjusted. I reset the pressure to 50/70 (after talking to my well drilling neighbor). I stuffed 50#s with out a blow out and made the best looking sticks ever! I adjust the pressure setting back to 40/60 when done.

I would give this stuffer a 9 out of 10 rating. I do about 1000 to 1500#s a year and this has cut my stuffing time in half. It easy to use and cleans up fast.

The only con is the length. You need some room to set it up. I have space so with a little adjustment of my setup it works nice.

This is my fourth stuffer and by far the best I have used! If you are even considering a new stuffer do yourself a favor and look into the Kirby Cannon, you won't be disappointed. Yes, it looks a little overwhelming but trust me it's a snap to build and run. Kirby is the kind of guy we all like to do business with! He not only builds and sells a great product but also will go way above and beyond to get you to stuff great looking sausage.

In closing I'd be interested in any tips or tricks that other cannon owners have, I'm always looking for ways to better my sausage making.

Tom

This is my last note from Tom when I asked his permission to use his post here.

Kirby,
You have my permission. I sure wish I would have ordered one sooner! I've probably stuffed 500#s so far with no problems. I would just like to thank you again for such a great stuffer!

Tom