Author Topic: New Anova Sous Vide Machine  (Read 22150 times)

Offline RAD

Re: New Anova Sous Vide Machine
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2017, 07:01:04 PM »
Has anyone received theirs or an email on when to expect it? Just curious, I haven't heard anything yet and ready to start hot tub cooking.
Love to cook and eat

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2017, 08:49:22 PM »
You read my mind.....I ordered 2 of them. No for yet and...IIRC....they were slated to ship in Oct.?
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2017, 09:07:20 PM »
I checked it out a minute ago and it says "Pre-Sale Ended"...

ya snooze - a lose
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline DWard51

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2017, 10:04:28 PM »
Looks like they pushed the October delivery date back to sometime in November, 2017.

https://support.anovaculinary.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003226823-The-Anova-Nano-FAQ

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2017, 12:46:56 AM »
The way I read their announcement, you are looking at May for the shipment. They offer 3 options, wait; refund; different model.
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2017, 09:36:22 AM »
The way I read their announcement, you are looking at May for the shipment. They offer 3 options, wait; refund; different model.

That delay is for their "oven"...The Nano - which is what Mike started this thread about - shows that it should ship in Nov. A month behind schedule...but not too bad.

I can't justify the need or space for the bulky oven. The Nano...sure - I have plenty of containers I can use it in.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Roget

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2017, 09:40:20 AM »
This seems to be a trend among companies now days. I have bene waiting for a video camera system I ordered - similar deal..."discount" for early adopters....FOR 2 YEARS.... They send out monthly reports - and it is all legit apparently. Tech. issues, upgrades, FCC compliance issues, etc....Not a new start up - this is their 3rd and most technically advanced system.

Because I truly believe that - this was the plan all along: Use the customers to fund new product invention/expansion. WE have been used as a "cod funding" resource - without our permission. Enough customers will not ask for their money back - so...Annova gets what they want. WEE FINANCED their "future" product. They came up with some improvements, new ideas - figured up what it would cost - decided that they could not get the line of credit needed - or did not want to adopt any more debt to fund the expansion/new product....So -they soft sell US on paying up front for a product that did not even exist yet - other than on paper or the computer..

I waited for a model train locomotive for just shy of five years.
We were told by the company ahead of time that it would be "a while" before it was produced, so I knew what I was getting into.
But I had no idea it would be any where near that long!

It was worth the wait (when I finally got it). :) :)

YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Flat Top X 2 (36" & 28")
DBS w/Auberins dual probe PID
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Grand Hall 3 burner Grill w/rotisserie,smoke tray, & side burner

Offline ClimberDave

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2017, 12:34:43 PM »

That delay is for their "oven"...The Nano - which is what Mike started this thread about - shows that it should ship in Nov. A month behind schedule...but not too bad.

I can't justify the need or space for the bulky oven. The Nano...sure - I have plenty of containers I can use it in.

The e mail I received  stated it would not be this year and gave to option to cancel.

"In June, we launched pre-orders for the Precision Cooker Nano. We expected to begin shipping pre-orders in October. Unfortunately, this timeline has changed and we’re incredibly sorry to share that Nano won’t ship this year. We want to be completely transparent with you about the situation and what we are doing about it.

We've put together three options for you to choose from in light of these delays. These options include: (1) exchanging the Nano for a Precision Cooker Bluetooth, (2) waiting for the Nano, or (3) getting a full refund. Please select your preference on the Anova blog.  "
Kamado Joe III Big Joe
Weber 22" One-Touch kettle
Weber Smokey Joe Simpsons Edition
PBC
Slow and Sear
Generic gasser
Roccbox Pizza Oven
Anova One
Joule
Anova Nano

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2017, 08:22:18 PM »

No, the delay is for the Nano.
https://anovaculinary.com/important-announcement-anova-precision-cooker-nano-customers/
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline DWard51

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2017, 08:46:26 PM »
Well crud....

Guess I'll wait.  I bought in early and paid that card off about 2 weeks after I ordered.  Sounds like they got a batch of bad QC parts from China?

Offline Savannahsmoker

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2017, 10:25:06 PM »
I think I would use mine more if it fit in a drawer. I kind of forget about it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That is the reason I went with the Joule.
Compact with high power plus Wifi to go with the unreliable Bluetooth.
Art

Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron (Copper)
Royall RG 2000 (gone to live with nephew)
Weber Genesis E-330 (Copper)
The Big Easy
Weber Smokey Joe Gold for fun and vacation,

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2017, 11:13:52 PM »
CRAP!!!!

Well....
THIS is the SECOND and final time I choose to be an "early adopter". I HAVE BEEN WAITING 2 YEARS for the video camera system that I thought would help us produce good video for LTBBQ. 2 YEARS....
And - like Anova - this is not their first product. The previous generations have been well received.

SO - here is my opinion about what the most likely reason for all of this is: These companies figured out a way to use "un-announced crowd funding" to finance a new product. Same M.O. for both of these companies. They probably chose this route because they figured the percentage of refunds would be low enough that they could placate frustrated consumers with old generation product - or they would wait. So, *WE*...the public ...became a venture capital group - without our prior consent.. ( In car you are unsure ---YEAH...I AM PISSED....). We became the line of credit that Anova did not have - or did not want to show on the next stockholder report as debt.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline ClimberDave

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2017, 01:21:21 PM »
CRAP!!!!

Well....
THIS is the SECOND and final time I choose to be an "early adopter". I HAVE BEEN WAITING 2 YEARS for the video camera system that I thought would help us produce good video for LTBBQ. 2 YEARS....
And - like Anova - this is not their first product. The previous generations have been well received.

SO - here is my opinion about what the most likely reason for all of this is: These companies figured out a way to use "un-announced crowd funding" to finance a new product. Same M.O. for both of these companies. They probably chose this route because they figured the percentage of refunds would be low enough that they could placate frustrated consumers with old generation product - or they would wait. So, *WE*...the public ...became a venture capital group - without our prior consent.. ( In car you are unsure ---YEAH...I AM PISSED....). We became the line of credit that Anova did not have - or did not want to show on the next stockholder report as debt.

If you are in a hurry  might want to consider  Joule,  it works well and its  heating element has more watts  so should be faster to come to temp.
It is quite a bit more however, but have seen some discounts  at times...
Kamado Joe III Big Joe
Weber 22" One-Touch kettle
Weber Smokey Joe Simpsons Edition
PBC
Slow and Sear
Generic gasser
Roccbox Pizza Oven
Anova One
Joule
Anova Nano

Offline RAD

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2017, 06:09:19 PM »
Don't remember seeing an email giving me options. Wonder if I go for the refund if I will get interest on the money  ::)
Love to cook and eat

Offline RAD

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2018, 05:52:03 PM »
WOW they do exist. I just got mine today.
Love to cook and eat