Author Topic: Filet mignon roast  (Read 1291 times)

Offline Cyclonefan

Filet mignon roast
« Reply #-1 on: September 26, 2017, 02:10:59 PM »
I don't see a ton of beef tenderloin posts/reviews.  I've got a smaller filet roast (2.5 lbs) that I'm thinking of trying in the PBC.  Good or bad idea?  Or should I just do it on my grill.

If going PBC route, should I hang or throw on the grate?  Cook times? 

Thanks for any and all input!

Offline Smokerjunky

Re: Filet mignon roast
« on: September 26, 2017, 08:09:01 PM »
I don't have any experience cooking on the PBC but I have used the reverse sear technique on other large steaks (monster NY strips and Rib-eyes) that were in the two pound range.  Put them on the smoker at 165 degrees until the IT hit 130 degrees then moved them to the gasser to sear.  They turn out great.  I am not sure how hot the PBC cooks but you could cook give it a shot based on Internal Temp?????

Good luck - looking forward to seeing how this one turns out
Grand Slam Pro
Weber Summit

Offline phoccer

• Random bits of info
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 10:10:04 PM »
I was just looking at how to cook steaks on the PBC on their website tonight. Their video shows an open lid cook with ~12 minute cook time to get to 125. I usually cook steaks slowly to get them to 115 then put over high heat to get them to 130-135. I'm really curious to try the PBC method. Video makes them look good. Then again, maybe I'm just hungry.
Weber Premium 22 w/ a Slow N Sear Plus
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline richf918

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 06:48:10 AM »
There is a Beef Tenderloin recipe on the PBC website, let us know how it turns out