Author Topic: Ultimate smash burger tool!!!!  (Read 19077 times)

Offline Michigan0626

• Live Free Or Die
Re: Ultimate smash burger tool!!!!
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2018, 06:56:04 AM »
Make them into small 2 ounce loosely packed balls (packing them loosely makes them so tender and "flaky" when you bight them). When you smash them they become the same size diameter as a regular patty. You place them on the griddle, smash, and cook for 60 to 90 seconds ONLY. Flip, place cheese on top, stack, and take off griddle. You don't need to sear or cook the underside. The beef will be cooked all the way through by then. Heck, stack 'em 4 high if you have to have a half pound burger. But now you have a reason to have 4 slices of cheese, versus 2. Its super moist because there isn't enough time for all of that fat to render out. *Hint* have your buns toasted and toppings added already because you don't have time to do it during the cook.

And make sure you have a sharpened spatula or a wide paint scraper when you go to flip. You don't want any of that browned crusty deliciousness to stick to the screaming hot flat top.
MAK 2 Star General #2804
Camp Chef Flat Top Grill
Cook-Air Little Red Corvette
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Classic Weber Kettle
Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-less Turkey Fryer

Offline ClimberDave

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2018, 09:40:01 AM »
Smash burgers are great with minced onions on them while cooking..just saying.  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

:thumbup:

I need to make some  soon,  its been too long!!

Kamado Joe III Big Joe
Weber 22" One-Touch kettle
Weber Smokey Joe Simpsons Edition
PBC
Slow and Sear
Generic gasser
Roccbox Pizza Oven
Anova One
Joule
Anova Nano

Offline DWard51

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2018, 07:23:42 PM »
The ultimate smash burger tool is here!

It was here in 2 days.  Much faster than I expected.  This thing is massive.  I'm talking about thick and solid enough to use as a home defense weapon massive.  Clearly the one in the Youtube video is the 1.6 pound model as this one is much much thicker.  Stamped from a single piece of stainless steel and pretty impressive IMO.

Yes that is a standard United States Quarter next to the "weight".  I would estimate it is 3/16" thick. Clearly stamped as NSF for those who have concerns or may want to use it commercially with a griddle.

And compare the thickness of the quarter to the burger tool....

And my not so small finger

Offline nylic76

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2018, 07:40:31 PM »
Looks like the steakburgers at Freddies Steakburgers.  I'd post a pic but too much trouble.
SRG
Big Easy
Weber Kettle
Traeger Junior
Broilmaster Gas & GrillGrates
12" A-MAZE-N Smoker Tube

Offline Roget

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2018, 07:46:25 PM »
Man, that looks like the real deal.

Kinda makes me wish I wasn't so cheap.  ;D ;D
YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Flat Top X 2 (36" & 28")
DBS w/Auberins dual probe PID
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Grand Hall 3 burner Grill w/rotisserie,smoke tray, & side burner

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2018, 08:46:04 PM »
I was just at a Cracker Barrel and they have a cast iron food weight. The handle folds down side ways and the weight is 2 - 3 pounds. The price is $24.99..I bought the one recommended here , but wish I had gotten the cast iron one. .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline DWard51

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2018, 09:17:27 PM »
I finally got to use the ultimate smash burger tool.  OMG I'm duly impressed. 

My youngest daughter had to work on Memorial day so we did our cookout a day later on Tuesday.  Smash burgers on the Blackstone griddle along with scratch 4 cheese mac & cheese.

I've used cast iron bacon presses, stainless trowels and flippers but nothing holds a candle to this tool.  The bottom is perfectly smooth and it is effortless to smash the burger balls thanks to the heft of this tool. The bottom is so smooth there is no raw meat sticking at all (as can happen with some cast iron due to slightly rough surface).  Also no flexing in the handle thanks to the thickness of the stainless of the 2.5 lb "steak weight".  I have no regrets spending the $40 to get this tool (with shipping). Worth every penny.

Burger balls were about 3.5 ounces each of just ground sirloin and each ball top seasoned lightly with Weber "Steak & Chop" seasoning (which is basically SPOG pre-mixed).  After 30 seconds I "smashed" the balls nice and thin.  Then about 2 minutes later I scraped them off the griddle with the Dexter heavy duty spatula/flipper and hit the reverse side with a little more "Steak & Chop".  Griddle was wide open for maximum crispness and speed. Perfect caramelization and flavor.   

Sorry, the burger smashing and flipping was so fast I did not take any photos, but the tool worked so well I thought I needed to report back.

Offline Pappymn

Ultimate smash burger tool!!!!
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2018, 11:06:21 PM »

My youngest daughter had to work on Memorial day so we did our cookout a day later on Tuesday.  Smash burgers on the Blackstone griddle along with scratch 4 cheese mac & cheese.

I've used cast iron bacon presses, stainless trowels and flippers but nothing holds a candle to this tool.  The bottom is perfectly smooth and it is effortless to smash the burger balls thanks to the heft of this tool. The bottom is so smooth there is no raw meat sticking at all (as can happen with some cast iron due to slightly rough surface).  Also no flexing in the handle thanks to the thickness of the stainless of the 2.5 lb "steak weight".  I have no regrets spending the $40 to get this tool (with shipping). Worth every penny.

Burger balls were about 3.5 ounces each of just ground sirloin and each ball top seasoned lightly with Weber "Steak & Chop" seasoning (which is basically SPOG pre-mixed).  After 30 seconds I "smashed" the balls nice and thin.  Then about 2 minutes later I scraped them off the griddle with the Dexter heavy duty spatula/flipper and hit the reverse side with a little more "Steak & Chop".  Griddle was wide open for maximum crispness and speed. Perfect caramelization and flavor.   

Sorry, the burger smashing and flipping was so fast I did not take any photos, but the tool worked so well I thought I needed to report back.
Got a link?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Pappymn

Ultimate smash burger tool!!!!
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2018, 11:08:08 PM »

Got a link?

Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline sschorr

• San Clemente, CA
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2018, 10:48:18 AM »

Got a link?

https://www.amazon.com/Vollrath-50662-Handled-Pound-Weight/dp/B0084FIVMC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1527691594&sr=8-2&keywords=50662

Sam
MAK 2 Star #3634
Weber Summit E450
Blackstone 17" portable griddle