Author Topic: LTBBQ COOKBOOK....?  (Read 74608 times)

Offline RickB

Re: LTBBQ COOKBOOK....?
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2013, 07:26:07 PM »
Oh you innocent fools. 10 years from now the environmentalists’ have pushed thru legislation that bans all outdoor cooking with fossil fuels.

and then i'm moving to Canada.  and learning how to ice fish.  wife already said its ok.   8)

Spark you might take warning sign!  :) :)

what?   ???

Y'all are welcome, but taxes are almost 50%, lol

I was going to tell him that Canada would be gone before us but didn't want to pop his balloon !  :)

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2013, 07:40:31 PM »
ya, no balloon popping.   :(  I always tell my wife, "tell me what I want to hear, not the facts". 
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline RickB

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2013, 07:44:22 PM »
ya, no balloon popping.   :(  I always tell my wife, "tell me what I want to hear, not the facts".

I hear ya Spark. But as we have seen we now have 51 percent thinking that way and we are suffering the results. Bad JuJu!

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2013, 07:57:26 PM »
Oh you innocent fools. 10 years from now the environmentalists’ have pushed thru legislation that bans all outdoor cooking with fossil fuels.

and then i'm moving to Canada.  and learning how to ice fish.  wife already said its ok.   8)

Spark you might take warning sign!  :) :)

what?   ???

Y'all are welcome, but taxes are almost 50%, lol

I was going to tell him that Canada would be gone before us but didn't want to pop his balloon !  :)

Just curious, where are we going???
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2013, 08:35:17 PM »
I want a semi hard copy with the spiral binding. I have a few receipts of my own I would contribute :)

Offline miltspurefruit

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2013, 10:57:19 PM »
I'm up for 1- two recipes per member. It's great to try new stuff. Looking forward to trying a new batch of Savor rubs, but would like a suggested recipe for at least some of them. Chicken, pork and beef.

Offline veryolddog

• New Braunfels, Texas
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2013, 11:24:25 PM »
I think that you guys could generate one helluva cookbook. You are very talented. Submitting a recipe would be very doable for those that want to contribute. I would hope that you might want recipes that are not just BBQ alone. I have some recipes from my Mom that you might be interested in.

I would suggest that we create an email address to send the recipes to in a Microsoft Word Document. That these recipes be categorized by whatever definition and then sorted to be put in these categories. The first edition can be a large multi-page Microsoft Word Document that can either be delivered to each member who wants the recipes via that email account or posted in another section where it can be picked up and downloaded either as a word or PDF document.

Just thinking outloud.

If it is worth publishing, then we could find out later.

With kind regards,

Ed

An empty grill or pan is a blank canvas on which you can create like an artist!
Yoder YS480 Pellet Smoker and Yoder Cheyenne Stick Burner
Weber 22.5 OTG and Kettlepizza
Just an old Marine who remembers.

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2013, 10:39:09 AM »
I have most of my recipes from web sites, printed and in a big binder. It is much easier than looking through different books trying to find a recipe.
If we post them, how many people would just rather download than order a copy?

That said, I don't have a strong opinion either way and look forward to some great recipes regardless the format.
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline Patio Cook#1

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2013, 01:08:07 PM »
It's quite simple.
Open up a recipe section as is done on other forums. Catagories for Pork, Chicken, etc. etc. Sauces, Desserts. Whatever.
If you like the looks of a recipe and want to use it - have at it. If not, ignore it. A member can read it off his computer/laptop/pad/phone or whatever, if he wants to he can print it out on his printer. Or copy and paste it in his own recipe book. Cost? Already taken care of.
As you can tell, I operate under the K.I.S.S. principle.

Offline pz

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2013, 02:27:21 PM »
Here's a link to a little free online recipe server-side script: http://www.maianrecipe.com/  Likely Tee could install it if the hosting solution allows it.

A demo can be seen here: http://www.maianscriptworld.com/demos/recipe/

I actually installed this script on one of my servers and am using it for a personal recipe database - have added some of the great recipes you folks have posted so I have easy access without trying to remember exactly where I saw it.

Offline Palmyrasteak

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2013, 05:43:49 PM »
This sounds like a good idea  :) I'm in!

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2013, 06:27:14 PM »
If it's something we all could use I would gladly support it.
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

PoppyBill

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2013, 09:04:07 PM »
I'm in! Not sure want I could contribute, but I'd certainly buy one!

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2013, 09:19:57 PM »
I am always interested in trying to help make this a reality…If anyone wants to volunteer - that can run this as a project, we can make it happen. Sounds like pz has the tech-savvy part…

DO we want it to be strictly an on-line thing? Or a published on paper cookbook? How would we up-date it? Make it a loose leaf?

Ideas ladies and gentlemen?
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline pz

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2013, 12:01:31 AM »
I'd be willing to volunteer to maintain an online cookbook (heck, I'm online most of the time anyway).  I installed the recipe database a while ago that appears to be simple enough to use, yet has enough features to actually be somewhat useful  ;D.  Essentially anyone can submit a recipe, which enters an approval queue to ensure that it is not spam.  Pictures can even be added.  Once approved, the recipe appears in the list.

The advantage of online is that the recipe database is searchable, and any recipe can be printed for a hard copy of your personal favorites.  There are unlimited categories, and we can tailor the existing ones to our preferences.  It even does RSS

This is a really simple system, and certainly is not as sophisticated as something like allrecipes.com, but it could be a central location for our favorite recipes.  I've already copied several recipes from LTBBQ (with proper credits of course) so I can more easily find them.  It is currently hosted on one of my servers, but if you like, I certainly would not mind turning over the administration to you Tee or any of your designees.

If anyone is interested, here's a link: Recipes