Author Topic: Re: Kingsford on Sale @ Lowe's  (Read 3341 times)

Offline nylic76

Re: Kingsford on Sale @ Lowe's
« Reply #-1 on: May 21, 2014, 08:28:39 AM »
Two 20 lb bags for $9.99.

SRG
Big Easy
Weber Kettle
Traeger Junior
Broilmaster Gas & GrillGrates
12" A-MAZE-N Smoker Tube

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« on: May 21, 2014, 09:53:32 AM »
I'm off to Lowe's.  ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 10:26:46 AM »
Thanks for the alert...I've been watching the papers for this sale - it usually comes around in time for Memorial Day.  I saw where Academic Sports had two 13.6 lb bags for $7 ($3.88 lb).  These come in at $4.oo lb at Lowes.  I might go to Academic instead.

This is the week I stock up for the Summer
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 11:16:24 AM »
I saw where Academic Sports had two 13.6 lb bags for $7 ($3.88 lb).  These come in at $4.oo lb at Lowes.  I might go to Academic instead.

According to my calculator $9.99/40 lbs comes out to $.24975/lb at Lowes and $7/27.2 lbs comes out to $.25735/lb at Academic Sports.  To me Lowe's is a better deal by $.0076/lb.
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 12:07:03 PM »
I was ready to head out the door with my wife to Lowe's.  She grabbed the Lowe's flyer that just came in yesterday and said that, at least here in Morganton, NC, the sale doesn't start until the 22nd.  It goes through the 26th.  You may want to check before driving there.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 12:54:55 PM »
I was ready to head out the door with my wife to Lowe's.  She grabbed the Lowe's flyer that just came in yesterday and said that, at least here in Morganton, NC, the sale doesn't start until the 22nd.  It goes through the 26th.  You may want to check before driving there.

Art

Thanks for the heads up, I haven't gone to Lowe's yet, will wait until tomorrow.  ;)
----------------------

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 12:55:29 PM »
I saw where Academic Sports had two 13.6 lb bags for $7 ($3.88 lb).  These come in at $4.oo lb at Lowes.  I might go to Academic instead.

According to my calculator $9.99/40 lbs comes out to $.24975/lb at Lowes and $7/27.2 lbs comes out to $.25735/lb at Academic Sports.  To me Lowe's is a better deal by $.0076/lb.

My calculator malfunctioned due to user error, as is often the case...good thing I retired.
Doesn't matter though because Academic Sports has sold out of their double bags.

I asked the girl at checkout if these would last me till they ran out, but she couldn't say for sure that they would.  She DID think they would last me till next Memorial Day.    8)   ;)
<><

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 01:09:18 PM »
Two 20 lb bags for $9.99.

(.25ยข#)

ya know.......
I wonder if we can get the military discount against the sale price?

It should, I have had my military discount applied to other sale items I've bought at Lowe's.  I'll find out tomorrow when I go get some.
----------------------

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 01:15:10 PM »
My calculator malfunctioned due to user error, as is often the case...good thing I retired.

I know what you mean, I almost made the same mistake at Walmart yesterday.  Good thing I quickly realized I was doing the calculations wrong and left it alone.   Good thing I'm retired too.  ;)
----------------------

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 03:24:50 PM »

Art

Thanks for the heads up, I haven't gone to Lowe's yet, will wait until tomorrow.  ;)
Just got back,the sale at Lowes is on in California right now.Thanks for the heads up Nylic!
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 07:02:01 PM »

Doesn't matter though because Academic Sports has sold out of their double bags.

I asked the girl at checkout if these would last me till they ran out, but she couldn't say for sure that they would.  She DID think they would last me till next Memorial Day.    8)   ;)

Jack the Academy where I worked ran out of the 13.6 pound double bags for $6.99 for they started selling the 16 pound bags for $3.49 a bag. They are having the SEC baseball tournament just a few miles down the road and when all the tailgaters found out about it we sold out of two pallets of the 16 pound bags today (before I could get any).
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 09:09:54 PM »

Jack the Academy where I worked ran out of the 13.6 pound double bags for $6.99 for they started selling the 16 pound bags for $3.49 a bag. They are having the SEC baseball tournament just a few miles down the road and when all the tailgaters found out about it we sold out of two pallets of the 16 pound bags today (before I could get any).

Dang! You'd think they'd hold a couple for you...  ;) ;D
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2014, 09:14:16 PM »
I was at Lowe's picking up 2 packs for my neighbor who is out of town.  A guy was coming out with one of the flat bed carts that had 12 packs on it.

I wonder if it will last him till he runs out...

Just sayin '...
<><

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2014, 09:22:31 PM »
Picked up 2@ 40# bags today.  They are limiting you to 2 bags at one time.  I'll go by again tomorrow and pick up more.  If the wife goes with me, I'll be able to get 4 more!!

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2014, 11:41:11 PM »
Looks like sale thru 5/28/14
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.