Author Topic: My first pie!!  (Read 1925 times)

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: My first pie!!
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2014, 02:02:23 PM »
I'll take a piece of pie, a scoop of ice cream oh don't forget cup of coffee. ;)
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline aliengriller

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2014, 04:27:54 PM »
A piece of advice from a pre-diabetic who also has to watch sugar (read carb) intake.   My wife is a superb baker/pie maker/cook.   She learned a long time ago that all no cal/low cal sweeteners do not react with the fruit for pies like at least half real sugar.   It keeps the fruit from "juicing" up.   She always uses at least some sugar in berries, etc., whether cooked or eaten raw.   Your pie looks super, especially for first time.    VERY envious of ya'll up there in the NW with all the berries.   When we took our Alaskan cruise all I ate was berries and salmon!

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2014, 10:19:34 PM »
Excellent looking pies.  ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline SmokinKat

• The Rounds Farm
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2014, 01:19:19 PM »
A piece of advice from a pre-diabetic who also has to watch sugar (read carb) intake.   My wife is a superb baker/pie maker/cook.   She learned a long time ago that all no cal/low cal sweeteners do not react with the fruit for pies like at least half real sugar.   It keeps the fruit from "juicing" up.   She always uses at least some sugar in berries, etc., whether cooked or eaten raw.   Your pie looks super, especially for first time.    VERY envious of ya'll up there in the NW with all the berries.   When we took our Alaskan cruise all I ate was berries and salmon!

Thank you for the tip!   We ARE lucky with the berries, we also have lots of wild apple and plum trees to add to the free treats!  :) 
MAK 2 Star #2639
MAK 1 Star # 819
Office/Sales associate at MAK Grills
http://theroundsfarm.blogspot.com/