Author Topic: Uuni 2 wood fired pizza oven  (Read 15255 times)

Offline N. Ontario Smoker

Re: Uuni 2 wood fired pizza oven
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2014, 09:07:21 AM »
How long to cook those chops?
"Vegetarian" is an old Indian word for bad hunter.

Fred

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2014, 09:54:40 AM »
How long to cook those chops?

I think it was around 5 minutes.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline hikerman

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2014, 11:30:15 AM »
Great looking chops Mike!

Offline Smokerjunky

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2014, 11:50:21 AM »
GREAT!!!  Now I have to get another cooking device!!  That is so cool - looks great - nice cooks!  Gotta go show the bride and see if we can get one of these on order  :P
Grand Slam Pro
Weber Summit

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
Uuni 2 wood fired pizza oven
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2014, 03:08:04 PM »
Is the inside bigger than the old ones. Like could you bake bread in it?

Offline pz

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2014, 06:44:55 PM »
Mike, that sure is a shiny pizza oven. Your pizzas turned out great and those chops look delicious.

X2!

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2014, 09:52:42 PM »
Is the inside bigger than the old ones. Like could you bake bread in it?

Same size inside Devo.
Member #22
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2014, 09:58:36 PM »
So I read that the removable Uuni 2 pizza steel is dishwasher safe. I assume it is fine due to being aluminum.

Here it is before...

And after the dishwasher...

Not bad. Might be just better to use some hot water and a scouring pad ;)
Member #22
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC

Offline Pappymn

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2014, 12:46:58 PM »
So I read that the removable Uuni 2 pizza steel is dishwasher safe. I assume it is fine due to being aluminum.

Here it is before...

And after the dishwasher...

Not bad. Might be just better to use some hot water and a scouring pad ;)

For the tough stuff try Dawn Power scrubber.  You spray it on and let it sit......works really well
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2014, 08:18:33 PM »
How about a couple Sous Vide flat iron steaks in the Unni 2...

Member #22
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC

Offline RAD

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2014, 06:22:55 PM »
Umm, Yeah  :P :P :P
Love to cook and eat

Offline pz

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2014, 11:53:42 PM »
Dang, that looks great!

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2014, 07:21:12 PM »
I copied this from the Uuni blog ... blog.uuni.net ... It explains why I had to originally wait so long for mine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Uuni 2 is now shipping, it’s a great time to give a little insight into what goes into Uuni logistics. And, to be perfectly frank, why we still find it a little difficult.

TL;DR: Uuni 2 is now shipping. Shipping is hard. We’re getting better at it. Exciting times.

Uuni’s are currently made in Finland. Main benefit of this for us it that we can visit the factory easily, much more so than, say, if it was made in China. This also provides us with some logistical nightmares. Finland is a fringe country in that there isn’t dedicated freight ships heading to USA or even UK everyday. In fact most, consignments we’ve sent go via mainland Europe, Germany or Holland. It’s slow and not too cheap. Sea freight to UK costs around $12 per unit, not too bad, but for US the number is already more like $20. And as we had to fly stock in to US last time around, due to manufacturing delays, we were paying around $50 per unit for just getting them in the warehouse. For a not-cheap-to-produce product these extra costs hit the margins pretty badly.

Having to fly stock in this summer was hopefully a one time only solution and we can manage stock levels better in the future. We’ve only got 12 months behind us so we’re still learning. But learning fast!

For warehouse-to-customer logistics, we use a company called Shipwire. They make it possible for a small tiny company like ours to ship to customers around the world. They take care of storage for us and as soon as someone orders an Uuni, they ship it to them pretty much automatically.

It’s great when it works but as it’s a one-size-should-fit-all solution there’s no room for customisation. For example, since our main product, Uuni 2, is slightly oversized at 14x36x51cm and 10 kg when boxed, they don’t have a box big enough to ship it in. What this means is that if some orders an extra peel, it has to be send as a separate shipment instead of just with the Uuni. This is silly as the peel is only 1 mm thick and wouldn’t really take any more space with it. This also means that when we start selling wood pellets and other products, we can’t consolidate them into one shipment making the overall cost high.

Solutions

In the UK, we’re about to start shipping from our tiny office. This means that 1) there’s no wait between stock arriving in the country and us being able to ship it. We can also package the Uuni’s in a external box to further protect them. This box we’re using is actually just the right size so we can include a 5 kg box of wood pellets with it as well (we’re starting selling those in the UK next week!) Or the same box can be used to ship 3 boxes of pellets instead.

This is a test we’ll run for the next couple of months and will hopefully be very good at it by the time it’s Christmas and people are buying these as Christmas presents.

I’m excited about this as it gives us another touch point between you, our customer, and us. A much more hands-on relationship where as previously it all just happened somewhere in the background.

US is a different matter. It’s a large country, da- obviously, and we don’t yet have on-the-ground operations there. Maybe in 2016 we will, if all goes well. But at this stage, we’re keeping our eyes open for a trusty partner to work with on the West Coast. Or perhaps in the middle of the country near a transport/freight hub. It’s all about being able to provide better service while keeping the business viable.

All in all, it’s been a big learning curve in getting a good handle on shipping physical objects around the world (28 countries and counting!). I did say to Darina, my wife and partner in Uuni, once that I wish I had come up with something small that fits neatly in a first class envelope. Maybe one day, but looking at our product roadmap for the next 18 months, it’s unlikely.

Yours truly,

Kristian
Member #22
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC

Offline Pappymn

« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2014, 07:38:23 PM »
Hey Muebe, they say they are looking for a trusty partner on the West coast. I smell an opportunity for you. Go for it!
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2014, 04:38:37 AM »
Hey Muebe, they say they are looking for a trusty partner on the West coast. I smell an opportunity for you. Go for it!

Go for it Muebe, I'll be your Canadian partner ;D
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.