Author Topic: New Table for my Lodge Hibachi  (Read 1867 times)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
New Table for my Lodge Hibachi
« Reply #-1 on: March 31, 2016, 12:54:31 AM »
Mar 30 2016

I recently bought a Lodge CI Sportsman Hibachi. I think you all know, after the new grill you need other things! First was a cover at $23, and I needed a charcoal chimney starter at $10. I needed some new small cast iron cookware $52.

Now I needed a nice table to set it on, The wife and I both looked at local places. The ideal one would be 20X20 inches and 20 to 24 incges tall. I looked on the net and nothing I liked. Then an internet add popped up for one at Walmart at $37.95. It was made by Kimble, 22X22 inches and 23 inches tall. it was aluminum and had brown powder coat paint. Just what I wanted.

I told the wife about it and when I went to look for it I could'nt find it. She found it for me but was $49.
I waited a few days thinking it would come down but it didn't. I think it went up for springtime. I ordere it, it was only stor epick up and it came in yesterday.

I picked it up this am and had to assemble it, very easy. Just 12 bolts and washers and came with a hex wrench. I found the perfect spot for it between my Weber gas grill and my single gas burner. I put 5 firebricks on top then sat the hibachi on, just about the right cooking height for me. The firebricks will protect the table top and soak up any grease leaks. The table will also work with my Weber Jumbo Joe.

Well my little $115 grill was now up to $200!

It was a nice sunny day, cold in the AM but by noon it was about 65 deg. I needed to mow grass, some of my back yard was about 4 inches tall. I had charged the starter battery on my hand mower yesterday. If my rider would not start I would just mow the back yard; the front could wait. I got lucky and the rider started up OK. I got the whole yard mowed, well with quite a few beer breaks!

I had time for a 20 minute power nap before getting the traeger fired up for my supper cook!

Smokin Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: New Table for my Lodge Hibachi
« on: March 31, 2016, 01:04:49 AM »
Nice looking table - looks like it might be right for my UUNI...
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline akruckus

• Smoking the day away...
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 02:44:58 AM »
Nice little collection you have there Don!
Weber Limited Edition Kettle- Red
PBC
Weber Genesis- "Iggles" Green
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 03:28:27 AM »
hmmmmm..makes me think..I have a bunch of fire bricks..I could do something like that too, I just happen to have a cement block or 2 around here too..good idea Don.  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 07:43:01 AM »
Don,
Isn't that the way it always works out.  First comes the "basic" grill.  Then all the accessories.  I did the same thing when I bought the cart for my Red Box Smoker. 

Of course, my CFO would probably nixed the purchase if I had listed all those dang "pieces parts".  I wish I had the room (and money) to get another cart and bricks like the ones I bought for the Red Box Smoker.  My UUNI would work perfectly on the cart.  I guess I could just swap them on the current cart.  Naw!!!

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline hikerman

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 08:40:39 AM »
Nice set-up Don! Looks like your herd has accepted it's newest member very nicely! ;D

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 11:44:12 AM »
Nice set-up Don! Looks like your herd has accepted it's newest member very nicely! ;D

I agree......looks like they have been together forever  ;)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 06:25:01 PM »
Just like the frog in the pot of water . . .

Simply raise the heat slowly and it will have no idea what's going on until it's too late ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC