Author Topic: Which probes work with which thermometers?  (Read 19868 times)

Offline Wingman

• Central Maine
Which probes work with which thermometers?
« Reply #-1 on: October 16, 2016, 11:47:04 AM »
I have two Thermoworks TW362B timer/thermometers that use TW362XX probes which are the thermistor type.  They are maybe 5-6 years old and I just discovered that the probes are no longer available.  I contacted Thermoworks to see if they offered a replacement for the TW362XX and was told that it’s obsolete, but that I could purchase a Chefalarm with a small discount to replace it.
Does anyone know what probe (CDN, Polder, or ?) will work with my thermometers?  My Maverick ET-73 probes give me incorrect readings with the TW.
TW indicates that the range is 32-392F and there are other probes that have that same range but I’m not sure if they will work.
And if you know of other brands that are swappable this might be a good place to dump that info.  For instance, the TW362XX probes work on my MAK 1-Star.
"You will thank us for smoking."

Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Spirit E310
Weber Performer Premium
MAK 1 Star #184
Bradley OBS #968,312

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Re: Which probes work with which thermometers?
« on: October 16, 2016, 12:24:05 PM »
You would need to know the ohm resistance readings for that unit. Will TW give you that info?

Or maybe in the specifications at the back of the manual will have it. That way you can order the correct probe.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Wingman

• Central Maine
Re: Which probes work with which thermometers?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 12:41:54 PM »
I don't know the resistance but I think it might be 10k ohms.  I believe the newer TW probes (Pro Series) are different because they have a much larger temperature range.  That was smart on their part to pull support for the older products when they introduced new.  The quality is so high that the thermometers will last a very long time, but not without probes.  :(
"You will thank us for smoking."

Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Spirit E310
Weber Performer Premium
MAK 1 Star #184
Bradley OBS #968,312