Author Topic: A HUGE shout out to MAK Grills Customer Service!  (Read 1428 times)

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
A HUGE shout out to MAK Grills Customer Service!
« Reply #-1 on: April 03, 2017, 12:21:04 PM »
I just wanted to give a quick shout out to  Katrina (Smokin Kat), Matt & Bruce over at MAK Grills for their excellent, second to NONE, customer service.

First, They all patiently took several phone calls from me as I had many many questions about the new 2017 MAK 1 Stars AND the new FlameZone system as well as the new MAK Searing Grate & Griddles.  They carefully answered every one of my multitude of calls & questions so I knew exactly what to expect.

Second, after talking with Matt, he recommended that before I take the 2014 mode MAK 1 Star down to Kevin (stalag), who bought it, that I send in the PelletBoss controller and have it updated to the latest firmware/programing.   Since I see my friend Jason (Smokin J) every Sunday, and he owns my original MAK 1 Star, he decided to piggy back onto the order and get his PelletBoss controller upgraded as well.  I sent BOTH controllers to MAK two weeks ago, and got them both back less than a week later.  This upgrade was at no charge and they wouldn't even let me pay shipping back! The only cost I had was the $13.40 for flat-rate priority mail getting them there.

You just cannot ask for better service than that!  They have PROVEN time and again why they are known as the best!

Thank you MAK Grills!

Cliff

P.S. Jason says thank you too!
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline rwalters

« on: April 03, 2017, 12:55:35 PM »
Love these testimonials! Being a MAK owner myself, I could not agree more!! :)

Do have a question for you, Cliff. When are we going to see your new 1 Star in action?!?! Been dying to see it!!!!  Did I miss a thread?
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline Pappymn

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 01:05:39 PM »
Great post. I remember the day very well when I found myself in Dallas, Oregon and I popped in and got the grand tour of the facility. Just great friendly people.
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
Re: A HUGE shout out to MAK Grills Customer Service!
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 01:08:19 PM »

Do have a question for you, Cliff. When are we going to see your new 1 Star in action?!?! Been dying to see it!!!!  Did I miss a thread?

No you haven't missed anything. Between being busy lately, waiting a nice day to put the new MAK together, getting the 2014 model ready and down to Columbus to Kevin, and rain... lots and lots of RAIN... I finally had a chance last night to do the initial burn-in.

It's being used as I type, for it's first task; some Cider Mill Bacon! ;)
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline rwalters

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 01:40:07 PM »

No you haven't missed anything. Between being busy lately, waiting a nice day to put the new MAK together, getting the 2014 model ready and down to Columbus to Kevin, and rain... lots and lots of RAIN... I finally had a chance last night to do the initial burn-in.

It's being used as I type, for it's first task; some Cider Mill Bacon! ;)
Tuned in :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline SmokinKat

• The Rounds Farm
Re: A HUGE shout out to MAK Grills Customer Service!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 06:01:21 PM »
Thanks so much, Cliff!  Always happy to help.  Excited too see your new 1 Star smokin' away as soon as that darn rain clears up for you. 

Glad to get the controllers updated for your two old MAKs, too!  Great to see them go to good homes. :)

FYI, anyone is welcome to send their board in for the upgrade.  We just ask that you put your name and contact info (along with a note that you'd like the update) in the box so we can make sure to get it back to the right person! :)

For US mail, or address is
PO Box 419
Dallas, OR 97338

MAK 2 Star #2639
MAK 1 Star # 819
Office/Sales associate at MAK Grills
http://theroundsfarm.blogspot.com/

Offline Pappymn

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 06:58:56 PM »
Thanks so much, Cliff!  Always happy to help.  Excited too see your new 1 Star smokin' away as soon as that darn rain clears up for you. 

Glad to get the controllers updated for your two old MAKs, too!  Great to see them go to good homes. :)

FYI, anyone is welcome to send their board in for the upgrade.  We just ask that you put your name and contact info (along with a note that you'd like the update) in the box so we can make sure to get it back to the right person! :)

For US mail, or address is
PO Box 419
Dallas, OR 97338
I have Mak 2 Star #1,000. Do I need an update?
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109