Author Topic: 4th Burgers and Dogs  (Read 667 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
4th Burgers and Dogs
« Reply #-1 on: July 04, 2017, 06:48:18 PM »
As promised, we had some dogs and burgers. Nothing glamorous. The Weber got the nod this round. How can you NOT cook a 4th of July meal on any other grill? It's Americana at its finest I think. What was nice about this meal is that my son did the grill duties (he's a Chef to be, Culinary School Graduate that doesn't like to cook outdoors, lol). I did the prep, he did the grilling with my Wife being the gopher for both of us.

I made up a nice chili sauce for my dog earlier today and let it simmer for hours while waiting to cook the rest of the meal. For the burgers, I went off the beaten path and used some of the chipotle BBQ sauce that I made for my ribs the other day and had my son brush that onto mine and his burgers. Topped them with thinly sliced cheddar and pepper jack. My wife wimped out and just went with a regular old burger :P

Here's my plate, burger, fries, baked beans, chili dog

Sahlen's Dog topped with chili sauce, shredded sharp cheddar, diced red onion, K&M

And...the burger. Chipotle BBQ sauce on top & bottom bun, cheddar & pepper jack, red onion, jalapeƱos, pickles, lettuce and heirloom tomato, cherry smoked thick cut bacon. Good stuff!

I am full as a tick and happy ;) I think I may take another dip in the pool unless the rain moves in before I get my fat butt off of the couch in time, lol.

I enjoyed the day and hope that all of you, my BBQ lovin' friends did as well!
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: 4th Burgers and Dogs
« on: July 04, 2017, 07:15:32 PM »
I wish that plate of goodness was mine........
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Pappymn

4th Burgers and Dogs
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 07:29:18 PM »
I wish that plate of goodness was mine........
X2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109