Author Topic: Greetings From Tri-tip Country !! .. aka Central california !!  (Read 2723 times)

Offline DoomsmokeBBQ

Greetings From Tri-tip Country !! .. aka Central california !!
« Reply #-1 on: August 02, 2017, 05:30:23 PM »
 Well Hello there folks ! , name's Elliot and happy to be here to share some Juicy Q  BBQ talk with everybody . I consider myself a well seasoned Weber Kettle pitmaster and also work with a Santa Maria style Grill from time to time , I'm a private Chef as well and carry a lot of influences from the American South & southwest to Caribbean & the pacific , however I was also born and raised in a Latin home and a lot of that shines in my cooking & BBQ .  I came to join the Forum to share recipes ,ideas and get inspired by other fellow Q head's while hoping to inspire them as well , can't wait to get posting and sharing!  :thumbup:

[attachment removed after 6 months]
WeberQ22inch

Offline N. Ontario Smoker

Welcome from N. Ontario Canada. I'll trade you some Poutine for some Latin recipes.  :)
"Vegetarian" is an old Indian word for bad hunter.

Fred

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: Greetings From Tri-tip Country !! .. aka Central california !!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 06:47:37 PM »
Welcome from Southern California
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Pappymn

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 06:58:44 PM »
Welcome from Minnesota

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 06:59:40 PM »
Welcome from northern Cali.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 07:03:36 PM »
Welcome from SE Georgia!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 08:05:15 PM »
Welcome -

You will find, after being here a little while - that LTBBQ is rife with folks of much experience. Known authors, competition BBQer's and even 2 members that hold a Doctorate of BBQ from KCBS.
But, perhaps our greatest strength...is that we have no "hierarchy", no cliques, and no "teams" . We are quick to offer the same respect to the guy who is striking his first match to light charcoal - as we are to folks that are clearly "experts" - in the way that the outside world measures such. No one has any hidden agendas, or anything to prove. We all know that we can make better BBQ at home than we can buy in a restaurant because we have time, no rules and a cadre of friends to call on with any questions here on LTBBQ.
So "expert" goes out the window here, as we all take our shoes off, and sit by the fire and exchange ideas that are often beyond the meets and bounds of a sterile "discussion forum". You will also note that we are not "thread policemen"...if a thread wanders - well, folks are having conversation and that is what what happens in a community of friends. We are a true community.
I hope you feel ready to jump into discussions, and share some recipes and cultural foods and experience connected to our love of cooking. I am from Texas originally, and love all foods...but a special fondness of Southwestern and Mexican influenced foods.
Again - Welcome!
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Pappymn

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 08:44:39 PM »
Welcome -

You will find, after being here a little while - that LTBBQ is rife with folks of much experience. Known authors, competition BBQer's and even 2 members that hold a Doctorate of BBQ from KCBS.
But, perhaps our greatest strength...is that we have no "hierarchy", no cliques, and no "teams" . We are quick to offer the same respect to the guy who is striking his first match to light charcoal - as we are to folks that are clearly "experts" - in the way that the outside world measures such. No one has any hidden agendas, or anything to prove. We all know that we can make better BBQ at home than we can buy in a restaurant because we have time, no rules and a cadre of friends to call on with any questions here on LTBBQ.
So "expert" goes out the window here, as we all take our shoes off, and sit by the fire and exchange ideas that are often beyond the meets and bounds of a sterile "discussion forum". You will also note that we are not "thread policemen"...if a thread wanders - well, folks are having conversation and that is what what happens in a community of friends. We are a true community.
I hope you feel ready to jump into discussions, and share some recipes and cultural foods and experience connected to our love of cooking. I am from Texas originally, and love all foods...but a special fondness of Southwestern and Mexican influenced foods.
Again - Welcome!
I'm in a clique, we just didn't invite you. ;(
Pappy

Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Roget

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 09:14:08 PM »
Greetings from southern Indiana.
Looking forward to seeing some of your recipes & cooks.
YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Flat Top X 2 (36" & 28")
DBS w/Auberins dual probe PID
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Grand Hall 3 burner Grill w/rotisserie,smoke tray, & side burner

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 09:18:42 PM »
Welcome -

Again - Welcome!
Hmmm...what is that sound I hear...OH! It is the DUES METER running Pappy!!! AND YOURS JUST WENT UP.....AGAIN!!! ;D ;D ;D
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Pappymn

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2017, 10:03:32 PM »
Welcome -

Again - Welcome!
Hmmm...what is that sound I hear...OH! It is the DUES METER running Pappy!!! AND YOURS JUST WENT UP.....AGAIN!!! ;D ;D ;D
Tee really is the big toe of LTBBQ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2017, 10:14:03 PM »
Cousin Eddie...err...Pappy visiting for the Holidays...

PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline rwalters

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2017, 10:38:01 PM »
Welcome to the LTBBQ family! :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline DoomsmokeBBQ

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2017, 12:47:06 AM »
 Thanks for all very warm Welcomes ! .. really appreciate the hospitality :) .. going to share my first recipe on here in minute !
WeberQ22inch

Offline DoomsmokeBBQ

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2017, 12:54:48 AM »
Welcome -

Again - Welcome!

Sounds like I came to the right place !! .. I  really appreciate your kind words my friend , glad to hear you like southwest & Mexican flavors ! ... got a lot of that in my Arsenal to share :)
WeberQ22inch