Author Topic: $250 Pit Boss?!  (Read 2759 times)

Offline FrugalQ

• B-TOWN INDIANA
$250 Pit Boss?!
« Reply #-1 on: October 04, 2017, 01:39:39 PM »
Ok so my local wallyworld has the pitboss 700fb for $250. I was thinking about adding an old country pecos to the group as I wanted to try real stick burning.  However I can definitely see where I would use a pellet pooper from time to time.  Is that too good of a deal to pass up? I know a lot of you guys have some experience with these
IF IT BLEEDS.. WE CAN GRILL IT!
Throw some on for me!

Weber Performer Deluxe Crimson (Hoo-Hoo--Hoosiers!!)
PBC
Pit Boss PB700FB
SNS+ w/DNG
GrillGrates
Vortex
Shun & Miyabi Cutlery
Inkbird
Broil King Regal 490 Pro (R.I.P.)
Red KitchenAid Pro (its the fastest)
InstantPot
Anova
Red Thermapen MK4

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: $250 Pit Boss?!
« on: October 04, 2017, 01:57:51 PM »
Ok so my local wallyworld has the pitboss 700fb for $250. I was thinking about adding an old country pecos to the group as I wanted to try real stick burning.  However I can definitely see where I would use a pellet pooper from time to time.  Is that too good of a deal to pass up? I know a lot of you guys have some experience with these
Sounds like a good deal, just not sure how good those are though.   Looks like a Traeger knock off, but for that price I'd jump in!
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline N. Ontario Smoker

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 02:51:44 PM »
That's half price. It's a great grill plus it has the flame broil. Just open it up and sear your steaks over the flame. Gets good reviews.
"Vegetarian" is an old Indian word for bad hunter.

Fred

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 03:45:29 PM »
If you look in the product review section, you will see an extensive review on that exact model.

I used it 6 months straight non-stop.................buy it and buy it now  :thumbup: :thumbup:

The Pit Boss series is made by Dansons. They were the first pellet grill mfg to offer a grill after Traegers patents ran out.

Pit Boss was designed to go head to head against Traeger and trust me, Pit Boss quality will surprise you.

Large temps swings.....yes sir. Programmed that way for more smoke.

Flame Broil insert in the grease tray....you bet......get your sear on.

Look for the Pit Boss Competition pellets when you are at Walmart....usually 40 lbs for 19 and change.  A great pellet blend.

Now stop reading this and go get that Pit Boss  8)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 03:46:45 PM »
Here is my product review on the PB700FB. go get your grill first and then read it  8)

http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=18548.0
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 05:52:18 PM »
I don't think you can get hurt at that price.....Besides - use it - keep it nice...and sell it next yer when you want to up-grade to something else. Bet you get all or most of your money out of it!
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 07:38:37 AM »
I've been using the Pecos for 4 years and it is still in good shape.  But I am going to our local Walmart today to see if we can get this Pit Boss for this price.
Thanks for the heads up...
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 10:24:11 AM »
I've been using the Pecos for 4 years and it is still in good shape.  But I am going to our local Walmart today to see if we can get this Pit Boss for this price.
Thanks for the heads up...

Good move buddy. While at Wal-mart snag some 40 lb bags of Pit Boss Competition blend pellets. On line they are 17.99 for a 40 lb bag. Great price.

If the store doesn't carry em (Ithink they will) you can order them on-line and get free ship to store delivery.  Here is the link

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pit-Boss-BBQ-Wood-Pellets-Competition-Blend-40-lbs/40583459
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline cookiecdcmk

• Always looking for new ways to improve my food.
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 10:57:26 AM »
Watch for Walmart pricing deals on these pellets.  I bought some last month for $5 per 40 lb bag.  Now that is a real deal.  I went on-line for Walmart's website and watched the pricing for the pellets.

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 11:32:58 AM »
Watch for Walmart pricing deals on these pellets.  I bought some last month for $5 per 40 lb bag.  Now that is a real deal.  I went on-line for Walmart's website and watched the pricing for the pellets.
I went to wall word and asked about those pellets, they looked at me as if I lost my mind :( :(
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline cookiecdcmk

• Always looking for new ways to improve my food.
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 12:23:04 PM »
Tommy:  I think Walmart runs this discount for only a short time at the end of the season.  Aslo, when I checked on-line pricing, it appeared that not all store locations had the $5 price.  It was around August 18th when I found the good price.

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2017, 02:35:02 AM »
I went to wall word and asked about those pellets, they looked at me as if I lost my mind :( :(

Tommy, I read this thread this morning and walked through Wally World this afternoon. To my amazement, first thing I saw was three pallets of Pit-Boss pellets for 17.99 a bag. I thought that was pretty strange considering that they don't even sell a pellet grill at that store. If I had asked any employee if they had any, I guarantee you they would have looked at me like I had lost my mind.

I didn't buy any because I have about 400 lbs of 100% oak pellets I bought at Tractor Supply for about 4.89 for 50 pound bags. At Tractor Supply, they didn't know what I was asking for and I went through 4 employees before I found one that pointed me to a pallet and a half way back in the warehouse. Luckily, I had printed out a picture of the label on the bag to show them. Nobody there knew what they were used for. I bought a bunch and Capt. Jack bought a bunch and I bet that the rest of that pallet and a half are still there a couple of years later.

Offline FrugalQ

• B-TOWN INDIANA
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2017, 08:16:05 AM »
Debated all week and decided to pull the trigger last night. So the neighbor and I, (he has a truck) went to WM at 9 only to be told under no circumstances could I get into the lawn and garden center as it closes at 8pm.  I felt like quite the heel to drag my neighbor out at 9 for a dry run.  Is this a sign? Hope not I plan on going back today after golf.  Anybody that has one keep them outside? I will be getting a cover from amazon.
Throw some on for me!

PBC
Pit Boss PB700FB
SNS+ w/DNG
GrillGrates
Vortex
Shun & Miyabi Cutlery
Inkbird
InstantPot
Anova
Red Thermapen MK4

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 12:04:08 PM »
Always cover your pellet grill. I would empty the hopper if you have some big rains coming just in case.............
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline FrugalQ

• B-TOWN INDIANA
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2017, 08:22:17 PM »
Got it at $225 because I asked for a deal and got the cover for same price as amazon prime.  Igniter isn’t working( I’m sure I can get one sent) but I used some starter wax and burned it in for about 90 mins then threw a spatchcocked chicken on.  Followed by a smoked stuffed meatloaf. I’ll try and post a pic or 2 in a few but other than the igniter issue it’s running like a top now for quite a while.
Throw some on for me!

PBC
Pit Boss PB700FB
SNS+ w/DNG
GrillGrates
Vortex
Shun & Miyabi Cutlery
Inkbird
InstantPot
Anova
Red Thermapen MK4