Author Topic: Any ATV riders in here?  (Read 1282 times)

Offline Pappymn

Any ATV riders in here?
« Reply #-1 on: September 23, 2017, 05:13:47 PM »
I periodically get to ride my mom's Honda ATV when we snag an invitation to her cabin. I love it. Been thinking about getting my own ATV but know nothing about buying one. I want a new one, as I don't want to buy something that somebody may have beat the heck out of it.

Can you haggle on price like when you buy a car?
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Any ATV riders in here?
« on: September 23, 2017, 07:49:02 PM »
Pa...I have faith in you...I will bet YOU could haggle over the price of new underwear! ;)

Seriously...I will often approach a=carefully, and politely. I want them to like me - or at least acknowledge my desire to be respectful of their business. Compliments never hurt.

But YES...I will attempt to negotiate pricing on any major purchase. Even Lowe's or others. You may be surprised that managers in most chains have the ability to offer 10% or more discount. And - there may be some rebates, price matching policies, etc.

Example. I wanted to upgrade my stereo in my truck. The head unit I wanted was $1299. But - my genetics just would not allow my wallet out of my pocket at that price. I found it on line via Was-Mart for $841. I went to Best Buy - asked them to price match. They did. Then I applied for - and used a Best Buy Visa - which gave me 24 months no interest.

There no cheaper way to buy...than with someone else's money ;). No interest is my favorite tool.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 08:47:19 PM »
Buying a motorcycle or any motor sport vehicle is just like buying a car. You can always get a better deal than what is on the tag. My motorcycle I just bought was gotten for about $2500.00 less OTD than what it was when I first walked in. Bought my wife an SUV today, did that deal over the phone before even driving up there! Walked in, signed the paperwork, walked out. I HATE buying cars/trucks/motorcycles but I have become adept at the art of "The Deal" ;)
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 11:44:28 PM »
Walk in with a rack of ribs.  That should take off a hundred or two.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 08:43:18 AM »
At least where I live you can haggle the $$$  There are a couple of shops within a 35 mile radious that sale them so pit shop against shop works everytime.  ;)

Bought Kimmie a dirt bike years back, walked out with free helmets, tie down straps and a loading ramp.  The other stores didn't have a chance once I told them I was going to shop first.  The sales guy said "If I give you these" will you buy

YEP!  300.00 in helmets alone would have done it  :D :D :D but I waited him out and got the others as well  :thumbup:
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 05:57:12 PM »
Walking out on a deal can sometimes lead to a better deal. Not always, sometimes there just REALLY isn't enough meat on the bone for them to sell it cheaper than already negotiated. I understand they are a business and need to make money, I just expect them to make a reasonable amount on a lot of deals versus trying to hit a home run on every deal. I have been the victim of overpaying when I was younger but I try to get a fair deal that works for me as well as the dealer/seller.

So....with all that said, did you buy one yet? Show pics if you did, we'd love to see it :)
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!