Author Topic: Got the meater thermometer  (Read 834 times)

Offline Lemonhead78

Got the meater thermometer
« Reply #-1 on: February 10, 2018, 08:28:31 AM »
This thermometer is awesome. My favorite part is monitoring the cook from the app on my phone. You can set up various alerts to let you know what's going on with ambient temps and internal temps. It works well for my rotisserie. Easily the coolest thermometer I got. I'm using it today to smoke the pork shoulder I've been asking about. I'm doing it on a Weber genesis gas ( my fav grill ) . I know gas grill isint cool lol. I use this other product called a smoking tube where you add pellets and ignite them. That's cool too. You get nice thin blue smoke for hours. Works so good my charcoal grill is jealous. Well that's it for now. If I had one negative about meater is the distance between phone and thermometer isint great before losing connection. Theirs ways to fix that though . Have a good day !!!!!
Mak **star general
Weber kettle
Weber q
Pit barrel cooker

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: Got the meater thermometer
« on: February 10, 2018, 09:29:52 AM »
Glad you are happy with your new accessories.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 05:23:37 PM »
Looks interesting,
so it works pretty well with the top closed? 
 I'd like to know how it fares in a kettle.
 As for gas , there's nothing wrong with a gas grill. 
 Keep us updated on this product. Take some pics!
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 06:20:20 PM »
This thermometer is awesome. My favorite part is monitoring the cook from the app on my phone. You can set up various alerts to let you know what's going on with ambient temps and internal temps. It works well for my rotisserie. Easily the coolest thermometer I got. I'm using it today to smoke the pork shoulder I've been asking about. I'm doing it on a Weber genesis gas ( my fav grill ) . I know gas grill isint cool lol. I use this other product called a smoking tube where you add pellets and ignite them. That's cool too. You get nice thin blue smoke for hours. Works so good my charcoal grill is jealous. Well that's it for now. If I had one negative about meater is the distance between phone and thermometer isint great before losing connection. Theirs ways to fix that though . Have a good day !!!!!

maybe  it is a NE thing but I love my gas grill (sears) Too. But we will keep it as our secret lol
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 09:26:36 PM »

maybe  it is a NE thing but I love my gas grill (sears) Too. But we will keep it as our secret lol

pssst...TG...in the South - when some one says they have gas...they are NOT referring to the kind of grill they use......(This public Service announcement concerning regional vernacular has been brought to you by The George Carlin School of Etiquette... ;D 8) )
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 09:40:50 PM »

pssst...TG...in the South - when some one says they have gas...they are NOT referring to the kind of grill they use......(This public Service announcement concerning regional vernacular has been brought to you by The George Carlin School of Etiquette... ;D 8) )

That kind of gas is hard to keep a secret ;) ;) ;) ;)
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 12:28:18 PM »
Looks like a really great option for the roti.

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC