Author Topic: 2011: A Personal Year in Review  (Read 1326 times)

Offline Pit Boss Mike Hedrick

• No Picture = No Cook
    • My Website
2011: A Personal Year in Review
« Reply #-1 on: December 27, 2011, 02:17:39 PM »
2011 started with me being asked back for another year as Official Pit Boss for The National Tailgating League to continue adding Recipes, Tips & Tricks to their Web Site.

February I had some Recipes Nationally Published for the 1st Time when Char-Broil Grills released the full color “America Grills” Cookbook that included my Peg Leg Chicken Drum Recipe which is one of their web sites most Searched Recipe. I also MC’d and Hosted the Annual Polar Plunge for Charity on the Potomac River at Tim’s Rivershore Restaurant & Crabhouse.

In March with a 1 minute audition video I won the opportunity to travel to Bristol Motor Speedway and be a Fan Reporter. We recorded numerous interview videos with Fans, NASCAR Team Owners, Drivers and Celebrities such as Jack Roush, Len Wood, Trevor Bayne, Rutledge Wood and many others gaining me the title “The Fan’s Reporter”. That same month I started my first NASCAR Blog called “The Fan’s Reporter Trackcast” which continues today.

I got an invitation in April to come down and be a guest of the good people at BUBBA BURGERS at their BUBBA BURGER 250 at Richmond International Raceway. There we shot some great interview videos with Speed TV’s Racing Chef Nicky, my good friend and NASACR Legend Jeff Hammond and Mr. Walter “Bubba” Eaves the Creator of the BUBBA BURGER.

June saw our Pit Pirate BBQ Team donate out Time, Equipment and Money to a great cause for Prince William Yacht Club called “The Patriot Cruise”. We cooked our best Award Winning BBQ for over 400 Wounded Soldiers, Marines and their caregivers from Walter Reed Military Medical Center. We also cooked later that month for the Annual “Back in the Day” Reunion for hundreds of our local friends.

National Premium Beef Jerky maker PERKY JERKY picked up my NASCAR Fan’s Reporter Blog to publish on their site in July.

August saw me going back out to Bristol to do my Fan’s Reporting and I appeared with BMS VP Jerry Caldwell, Director of Fan Relations Ben Trout and others broadcast line Online from the Bristol Motor Speedway website. I was also hired by H,B & M Sports to be Master of Ceremonies for SHARPIE PERMANENT MARKERS for the [2] Day Irwin Night Race Weekend at BMS.

September I MC’d and Hosted the Annual [3] Day Music Festival on the Potomac River held at Tim’s Rivershore Restaurant & Crabhouse for about 10,000 people. That month I was also brought down to Richmond International Raceway by BUBBA BURGER to promote their Brand and Interact with Fans for Social Media.

Where am I going and what should I do in 2012? Lord Only Knows!

Thanks to the hundreds of new and old friends and family that have encouraged me to Live the Dream and be all I can be.

Mike
I'm not a celebrity Pit Boss but I play one in NASCAR.
Best BBQ in Northern Virginia 2013 & 2014

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
Re: 2011: A Personal Year in Review
« on: December 27, 2011, 02:35:33 PM »
WOW...what a year..keep up the good work and enjoy.  Pam ★*˚°。°
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

• No Picture = No Cook
    • My Website
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 02:36:59 PM »
I told yall I had kept myself busy. Thanks Ms Pan!

Offline Phil LaMarche

• Member No Longer With Us
    • W9DVM
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 02:48:54 PM »
Those kind of events are fun and life remembering.  Back in the 80's when I was Division Manager for Kierulff Electronics in Florida, I supported the President Don Bell who raced at Sebring and the 24 hour at Daytona.  I would grill for over 200 guests for several days. Work but so much fun. I appeared on TV many times including in Japan while at the grill turning pork loins etc.  Thanks for bring back some memories.  Phil
Charbroil 4 burner RED
Charbroil SRG
Large Big Green Egg
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 03:43:06 PM »
Boy Mike, good thing your not over doing yourself  :o.       ;D  Your a good guy Mike and we are all better for knowing folks like you! 

Besides nothing like having a pro like you on my cell phone to call when I need advice on cooking  ;)

Hey it's cool to say Yeah,   "I know Mike Hedrick"     8)
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

• No Picture = No Cook
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 04:05:35 PM »
@IG - I agree you gotta grab life when it's in reach, then ENJOY and take in the Moment.

@TMB - Yer cracking me up man. hahahahahahaha!

Offline Bobo1

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 09:55:57 PM »
Good job Mike.  If you are ever near Clarksville or Nashville at an event, let me know.
2 Charbroil Reds
1 Charbroil TBE
1 Big Easy Electric Smoker/Roaster (BEESR)
1 Charbroil Big Easy Gasser
1 Masterforge  Gas Smoker
1 Beautiful Wife tired of me buying cookers and accessories