Author Topic: Heat resistant gloves  (Read 11367 times)

Offline Pappymn

Heat resistant gloves
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2014, 09:49:33 AM »
Those do look good. Thanks for posting!
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Heat resistant gloves
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2014, 10:03:45 AM »
The Gecko Glove looks interesting….I have spent more money on gloves than I would like to admit…

THESE are my best ever.

http://www.thefryerglove.com/954_fryergloves.htm

You can quite literally reach into a deep fryer, and pull things out. I would not doddle when doing it - but, I can trust them to that degree, and have done it in 400F oil. SO, they handle any hot meat, grabbing BBQ pit racks, etc… And the long cuff prevents those "tattoos" we all hate giving ourselves on the underside of our forearms….
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline flbentrider

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2014, 10:10:33 AM »
I have these:
https://www.bigpoppasmokers.com/store/bbq-accessories/neoprene-heat-gloves

they are great. I have 2 pair, one for "clean" food handling work, and the other for "dirty" work like taking the MAK apart when it is hot.

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2014, 10:40:04 AM »
Tim, What's the cost and where did you get them?  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
Heat resistant gloves
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2014, 11:21:42 AM »
Nice! They fit like a glove! :) ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MIKE
Bradley DBS4 (dual 500w, fan)
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker
New Braunfels Hondo Smoker

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2014, 12:54:40 PM »
Tim, What's the cost and where did you get them?  Dee

I got mine from a restaurant supply in Tallahassee FL - Dee.  But, I know they are also sold online. The lining is incredible and these are SO much better than anything else I have tried. I think they were $30-35..... But, you will have them for a very very long time.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Hank858SD

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2014, 08:11:48 PM »
I get the black Knight gloves from Bill Cannon over at Texas BBQ Rub.....

+1 on the Black Knight Gloves.   Use them for food handling and moving hot grates
MAK 2 Star

Offline RAD

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2014, 01:04:56 PM »
Have a pair like the 2nd link--quite useful, although as someone pointed out, VERY slick!   Be careful when lifting roasts, turkeys, chickens, etc., off the grill or you just might find it on the ground/floor/ wherever.    And do NOT get the insides dirty/greasy--very hard to get really clean again and take a while to dry, as I learned the hard way!   Is there any other way to learn?   Someone hep me!
I also have these and you are right, do not get them dirty or wet on the inside. I've tried to turn them inside out to get them clean but not too successful. Other than that they work great and I've used them for years.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 02:56:54 PM by RAD »
Love to cook and eat

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2014, 01:59:56 PM »
The Gecko Glove looks interesting….I have spent more money on gloves than I would like to admit…

THESE are my best ever.

http://www.thefryerglove.com/954_fryergloves.htm

You can quite literally reach into a deep fryer, and pull things out. I would not doddle when doing it - but, I can trust them to that degree, and have done it in 400F oil. SO, they handle any hot meat, grabbing BBQ pit racks, etc… And the long cuff prevents those "tattoos" we all hate giving ourselves on the underside of our forearms….

Did you say "hold my beer and watch this" the first time you tried sticking your hand down in 400 degree oil?
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2014, 03:56:44 PM »
I use several types of gloves, most commonly disposable food service, but also use high heat food gloves for handeling meat , also for shredding / pulling meat & insulated gloves for moving burning logs .

New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2014, 04:28:02 PM »
I have  ones of heavy duty Nitrile for disposables....But for cooking and handling anything from reaching into a hot deep fryer to moving grill grates from a hot grill FRYER GLOVES....
I found look at the link I posted earlier -to the manufacturer's site....you will Se that they are the most tested and approved gloves you can buy for the job we are talking about....not a guy selling gloves made for another industry....that may do the job. I like to think of my hands as valuable assts.....These gloves are worth many times the price. And you can get them with removable washable or replaceable liners. The nicest you will find.
At least look them over for Pete's sake!
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline aliengriller

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2014, 07:00:01 PM »
Didn't think to mention I also have two pair of the long suede gloves--great for spreading charcoal, turning or moving anything on the grill--especially when you have to have more than your hand over the heat.   AND, for you gardeners, they are invaluable when trimming the rose bushes ( or anything with spikes, sharp points or even small branches).  Sure helps protect the forearms.

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2014, 07:09:07 PM »
When "T" speaks I listen, have those gloves booked for a later time.
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2014, 09:46:32 PM »
I don't often get pumped up about a product....but having gone through dozens - really dozens of pairs...I LOVE these gloves. I have no vested interest in the company - but, I do like so much about their products. 4 different glove sizes. 2 cuff lengths. Option for removable liners. Immersion TESTED performance  in deep fryers....

Yeah...CDN I am anal about certain things...And I thank you for the compliment - but, I just really hate to waste money on those things that - are:

1. pretty important to safety!
2. I really need to count on their performance when you don't have time for a "plan B" :D
3. I get tired of spending over and over for less than satisfactory performance. It cost more, and wastes time. ;)
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Subvet

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2016, 03:14:37 PM »
I have  ones of heavy duty Nitrile for disposables....But for cooking and handling anything from reaching into a hot deep fryer to moving grill grates from a hot grill FRYER GLOVES....
I found look at the link I posted earlier -to the manufacturer's site....you will Se that they are the most tested and approved gloves you can buy for the job we are talking about....not a guy selling gloves made for another industry....that may do the job. I like to think of my hands as valuable assts.....These gloves are worth many times the price. And you can get them with removable washable or replaceable liners. The nicest you will find.
At least look them over for Pete's sake!

Ordered a pair of these today from thebbqglove.com. They were $32 but the shipping is a gut punch. These Original Fryer Gloves are used by institutions and restaurant chains. Most of the stuff I found on Amazon looked like they would need replacing every year. These gloves are also the only ones I could find in my size. Most places sell nothing but XL. I could put my foot in those.
-- Ron --
The Good One Open Range Smoker/Grill
Grilla OG
Weber Genesis III
Weber 22"  Master Touch Kettle
Grill Grates
Vortex (Medium)
Slow 'n Sear
Drip 'n Grill