Author Topic: Early Morning Smoke Therapy  (Read 19193 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
Early Morning Smoke Therapy
« Reply #-1 on: December 17, 2016, 09:10:10 AM »
Last night I trimmed and injected a brisket, applied my rub and into the fridge it went. I also cut a Boston butt in half, rubbed it and stuck it in the fridge with the brisket for a sleepover. I woke up at 4:30 and got the KBQ fired up and it was a little above freezing when I went out there but I took advantage of the KBQ to provide a little heat. It works well, just take the lid off the top and let the flames rise. That and a cup of coffee made it very nice. Something magical about sitting by the fire in darkness, smelling the wood burn!

Sometime this evening it'll be time to chow down! Until, take a look at my morning thus far!

A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
Re: Early Morning Smoke Therapy
« on: December 17, 2016, 09:59:53 AM »
Oh yeah...fire..perfect..   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline hikerman

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 11:04:14 AM »
A fire/flame can be so ....rewarding. It's primal! :thumbup:

Offline Savannahsmoker

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 11:15:28 AM »
I agree but not so early in the morning. ???
Art

Blaz'n Grill Works Grid Iron (Copper)
Royall RG 2000 (gone to live with nephew)
Weber Genesis E-330 (Copper)
The Big Easy
Weber Smokey Joe Gold for fun and vacation,

Offline hikerman

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 12:23:50 PM »
I agree but not so early in the morning. ???

Time is....relative. Maybe RG just pulled in right before this! ???  Or....he was up with the chickens! :D

Offline bamabob

• Way Down South in Alabama
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 12:54:49 PM »
What a great morning, I like that KBQ
Is that the second Wagyu brisket you talked about a while back?  Maybe I missed that one
Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 12:58:50 PM »
I was right with you RG...... I had your back at 4:30........but I was dreaming it????

Sleeping like a baby ;) ;) ;)
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 02:00:06 PM »
I went to bed at about 10:30, I am sure I didn't fall asleep until about midnight. I originally intended to wake up and have it on at about 6:00-6:30 but woke up at 4:30 to take a leak (damn all of those Redd's Apple Ales I drank!) and decided since I was up I might as whale stay up and get cracking. I already had everything prepped and on racks (my little time saver I like to do) so it was just walk down from the garage fridge to the KBQ and plop'em right on in!

Bob, this one is just a Choice Angus from Restaurant Depot. I did that other Wagyu 2-3 weeks ago. I don't even know if I posted it. Maybe I did? Maybe I didn't. It all runs together these days. I've got thousands of stinkin' food pictures, some I've posted, some have never seen the light of day.

The good thing about having a wife that is into this hobby is that she doesn't mind helping me out. She's a HUGE help! I may have gotten up early and had to tend the KBQ but once she got back from her shopping and errands, I had her take the reigns. She's been keeping the fire going, spritzing the meat here and there. I just had her add 2 bone-in breasts to the KBQ while I've made 3 batches of cookie dough. I am about to make 3 more! I've made 2 Chocolate Chunk, 1 Chocolate Chocolate Chunk and about about to make 1 Oatmeal Raisin and 2 White Chocolate Macadamia nut. I give out cookies for Christmas! I will most likely be making 2 more batches (1 each of Choc Chip and WCM) before Christmas to take to a party. I might as well be a Keebler Elf!
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!