FORUM SPONSORS > Pit Barrel Cooker Co.

Pork shoulder w/ meater thermometer

(1/2) > >>

Lemonhead78:
     I will never cook a pork shoulder on any other grill. I did 2 this past week. The first one I did on my Weber. I cooked the low and slow way at 225 degrees. It took so long we had to settle for McDonald's for dinner and I ate the pork the next day for breakfast lol. 16 hours in total.
      Second one on pbc took 5hrs and 15 mins. This temp averages temp was 300. Both cooks were wrapped at 160 to finish at 200 degrees. Both were about the same size.
      The differences were the low and slow had more bark. The pbc of course had bark too, but not as much or as even. So that said in my opinion, the extra bark isint worth the time or the fuel consumption to have a cook last that long. Bbq is fun for me. But their was nothing fun about waiting 16 hours. Pbc rules for pulled pork

Lemonhead78:

--- Quote from: Lemonhead78 on February 14, 2018, 05:38:11 PM ---     I will never cook a pork shoulder on any other grill. I did 2 this past week. The first one I did on my Weber. I cooked the low and slow way at 225 degrees. It took so long we had to settle for McDonald's for dinner and I ate the pork the next day for breakfast lol. 16 hours in total.
      Second one on pbc took 5hrs and 15 mins. This temp averages temp was 300. Both cooks were wrapped at 160 to finish at 200 degrees. Both were about the same size.
      The differences were the low and slow had more bark. The pbc of course had bark too, but not as much or as even. So that said in my opinion, the extra bark isint worth the time or the fuel consumption to have a cook last that long. Bbq is fun for me. But their was nothing fun about waiting 16 hours. Pbc rules for pulled pork

--- End quote ---
Here pics from the pbc cook. It was phenomenal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pit Barrel Cooker Co.:
Great pictures and we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the results! You can also open the foil for the last 15 minutes or so of the cook and remove the lid to firm up the bark to see if that helps. Great looking cook!

Tailgating is my game:
That does look great

Old Hickory:
 good job, looks really tasty.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version