Author Topic: LTBBQ COOKBOOK....?  (Read 74583 times)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: LTBBQ COOKBOOK....?
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 08:44:55 AM »
Not the way I cook Turtle.....I have 2 laptops and a desktop....But I would ruin a 'puter in the kitchen - flyin' around slingin' grub and tossing stuff toward the sink ;D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline bbqchef

• Cape Cod BBQ
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2013, 06:04:45 PM »
LTBBQ is welcome to include any of my recipes on my web site: www.CapeCodBBQ.com. Attribution would be appreciated.

Author of "Mastering BBQ"
KCBS CBJ & CTC/ Ph. B.
Broilmaster P-3
Yoder YS640
WSM x 3
CharBroil Big Easy
Grill Dome Infinity
Enough cast iron to sink a ship
Weber kettle
Lodge hibachi
A garage full (literally) of cooking gear, pellets, charwood and wood chunks (no room for a car)

Offline RickB

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2013, 06:09:01 PM »
tee - You could always put a computer in the kitchen.

Can you say iPad?

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 12:40:13 PM »
I tend to like hard copies for cook books and recipes - I have iPads, tablets, kindles, laptops - way too much technology. When I cook I tend to go back to fire, coals, paper... just me. I have used Lulu self publishing in the past. One of the best things is it is free to set up your book. Then you can decide the various forms it can be published in - e.g. spiral bound, paperback, hardcover, pdf, etc. You also have control over the "price." So, the book could be "published" at cost and the costs are very reasonable. It is ONLY actually published when ordered.

So, you could create a cook book - and when anyone wants one,they go on-line and order it. Takes a day or two for printing and then shipping cost / time is chosen by the purchaser. No need to publish x number of books. They are only printed on demand - and you could also get a pdf version if you don't want print. T - you could set up an account and sell the book to the general public via Lulu as well. Again, all of this is free to the author. The buyer pays for the book when ordering and the author recieves the profit that he built into the price. www.lulu.com

Very easy to use and creates books that look like they came from the full service publishers.

David
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2013, 12:59:36 PM »
I agree with Tommy on the web-book. Seems more practical.....of course a hard copy book at the house would be kinda like a part of everyone here on the forum will be here with me.....just sayin

thanks my vote.  I could write something about ribs if you need some recipes.  I cook a few every now and then.   ::)
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Tenpoint5

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2013, 02:19:17 PM »
I would think we may want a disclaimer in the front of the book that mentions something about not being responsible for any of the recipes. You know just in case my recipe closely resembles Sparkys recipe for doing ribs. That way Sparky doesn't get in any legal bind for stealing my recipe off the web and using it as his own. Ain't that right Sparky
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 02:58:16 PM »
I would think we may want a disclaimer in the front of the book that mentions something about not being responsible for any of the recipes. You know just in case my recipe closely resembles Sparkys recipe for doing ribs. That way Sparky doesn't get in any legal bind for stealing my recipe off the web and using it as his own. Ain't that right Sparky

lol, lol, lol......that's to funny.  do you want me to teach you how to cook a proper rib buddy.  I will.   ;)
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2013, 04:12:10 PM »
Why not do both, then everyone is happy..the ones who want hard copies and the onliners. just sayin.  Pam   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline chris becker

• Smoke On!
    • cookinpellets
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2013, 04:42:21 PM »
I agree with Pam, do both, or at least allow for some of us to buy a printed version.

ditto on the good idea Smoke... Get that thing started Tee!
Picture should be a must... especially with digitals now.. Just make them all 5mb(camera setting wise) and that should do for close to same size for getting it all together...my 2 cents...or was that 5 cents.... ???? ::)
Nutin better then Hard Wood!

Offline RickB

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2013, 05:32:38 PM »
Ok boys and girls. Far be it from me to conjure a dark cloud over these proceedings, but have you really thought thru this master plan and its implications?  This plan is fraught with danger!! You know they say what goes on the internet stays on the internet. Where will we all be 15-20 years from now. I know you ask how can something so benign possibly haunt us in our later years! Oh you innocent fools. 10 years from now the environmentalists’ have pushed thru legislation that bans all outdoor cooking with fossil fuels. We will have developed a cult following.  I shall speak the words which are not to be spoken. FOOD GROUPIES. I can see it now, lying in my adjustomatic bed with a comforting Lipitor drip and a oxygen mask with 5% nitrous oxide. Watching Anthony Bourdain reruns and all of a sudden the doorbell rings . It’s a 300lb 75 year old man wanting to know if Rick can come out and play!

I’m just sayin!!!    ???

Just kiddin guys!  :D :D
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 06:56:10 PM by RickB »

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2013, 05:41:14 PM »
Oh you innocent fools. 10 years from now the environmentalists’ have pushed thru legislation that bans all outdoor cooking with fossil fuels.

and then i'm moving to Canada.  and learning how to ice fish.  wife already said its ok.   8)
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2013, 05:44:13 PM »
What ever is decided I am in for a copy ;D
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline RickB

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2013, 06:36:16 PM »
Oh you innocent fools. 10 years from now the environmentalists’ have pushed thru legislation that bans all outdoor cooking with fossil fuels.

and then i'm moving to Canada.  and learning how to ice fish.  wife already said its ok.   8)

Spark you might take warning sign!  :) :)

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2013, 07:08:23 PM »

what?   ???
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2013, 07:21:26 PM »

what?   ???

Y'all are welcome, but taxes are almost 50%, lol
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.