FORUM SPONSORS > Savor Spices

NAME THAT FOOD ITEM CONTEST!!!

(1/17) > >>

teesquare:
And...win your choice of 4 of our rubs ;) CONTEST TO END AT MIDNIGHT  SEPT. 11 - 2013

Here is what happened: Watching some of the crazies around here ( you know who you are ;D) wrappin' single ribs in bacon....Looked good - but, how -far - too - far can we carry that theme? And - I had these ribs that  we just made for lunch that were good - not over cooked...perfect bite texture/tug for meat pull from the bone....
Soooo.

wrapped one strip in one direction, tucking the tail in to the last wind on the wrap. Stretch the bacon -  then wind another piece the other direction, tuck the tail into the other pice of bacon

Now - we gonna bread it - and deep fry it. Dip the bacon wrapped rib in milk, then dipped in the breading...

Into the fryer for about 5 minutes @ 375F - or until the golden color we want is achieved

EAT IT!!!

The concept worked!!! The smokey/slightly hammy-ness of the bacon worked amazingly well with the rib for sure! So - lets use the rest of the ribs!

LET THE NAMING OF THIS DISH BEGIN!

drholly:
Is there a time limit for this contest? Because, this looks like it needs some serious thought - and it should also include a sample sent by overnight mail to help create the right name. BTW - what's the sauce?

That is a seriously good looking bite!

teesquare:
Oh - GOOD POINT Doc!

Let's establish a 10 day timeframe ( will edit OP to reflect that too) The sauce was Sweet Baby Ray's - I wanted to make a balsamic based Eastern NC glaze...but ran out of time.

( Go stand by your mailbox.... :D)

drholly:

--- Quote from: teesquare on September 01, 2013, 05:24:36 PM ---Oh - GOOD POINT Doc!

Let's establish a 10 day timeframe ( will edit OP to reflect that too) The sauce was Sweet Baby Ray's - I wanted to make a balsamic based Eastern NC glaze...but ran out of time.

--- End quote ---

I love Sweet Baby Ray's - my go to bought sauce (and to his credit - my daughter's BF's favorite!) But, what about the overnight sample?

teesquare:
But, what about the overnight sample?

Geez..I just went to the Post Office - and they were closed - go figure! :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version