FORUM SPONSORS > Kirby Cannon Stuffers

My KIRBY CANNON STUFFER.

(1/1)

CANNON-MAN:
This is a post of a customer on another forum.

I received the Kirby canon yesterday, and my first impression was WOW!  As a DIY type, I normally try to build everything myself, but without some great machines, I could not come close to what Kirby has made.  As I was building it I thought that "Cannon" was a bit understated, I think this is the "Kirby Siege Gun"  I hope to get some pics of it in use tomorrow!
Jim

OK guys,
This will sound like I am putting it on a bit thick, but this thing is amazing!  My only regret is that  d not get it sooner.  Today for its break in run I made 5 Lbs Polish, 1 Lbs Pepperoni, and 10 Lbs pepper sicks. Absolutely no effort, just open the valve and let her rip.  I did the pepperoni first, and got a short piece of video.  Then on to the polish, and it was truly a one man operation, being able to twist on the go with the valve about half open.  Then I decided to try the pepper stick, as that would be the real test.  With my cabelas stuffer made by weston, I had to about bust a gut to stuff the sticks, so I figured if anything stopped the cannon, these would be it.  What a pleasant surprise.  it never missed a beat, just open the valve and out she comes.  I have a new shaft coming for my weston, that has seen hundreds of pounds of sausage, but it will now be retired!  Thanks again Kirby! Here is a short video of it working.
Jim
http://s13.photobucket.com/user/Friar_Tuck_/media/misc/cannon1_zps9e57b5a3.mp4.html

Thanks for the good report Jim

teesquare:
That looks nice and clean! Looks like he used CPVC plumbing instead of PVC...Any advantage to CPVC?

CANNON-MAN:
I probably would stay with schedule 80 threaded PVC if you ever have a problem with a valve you can unthread it and change it out. Also the holes in the bulkheads that hold the pipe and tubing are drilled so they clamp down on the standard PVC. The cpvc pipe has a smaller diameter and might be a little loose. It doesn't seemed to have caused Jim any problems though.
Kirby

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version