Author Topic: Fall Gathering Update  (Read 499 times)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Fall Gathering Update
« Reply #-1 on: August 15, 2014, 02:44:29 PM »
We have some new folks on here and just wanted to put out that the dates we have the Central Christian Church Recreation Area is Sep- 22-Sep28th.  The idea is for people to come up at anytime during a portion or all of that time frame.  Friday through Sunday seems to be the primary time for most people. In the past there have been some who were able to be there for one day only.
I'll be going up on Monday and starting to get things set up.  There are some who are going to come up on Tuesday to finish what I started, what I didn't get to, and fix what I screwed up.  Some are coming Thursday.  So the time is open for whatever you want to be there.

In reality some don't leave until Monday. It's all up to you.

Since it is a church area there are no alcoholic beverages allowed....only if you are going to cook with them.  Please don't try to get around this restriction.

Just bring your toilet articles and sleeping gear such as  a sleeping bag or sheets etc.  In the past we have had plenty of food because folks who drive bring plenty and some go buy some stuff when they get here.

As far as stores, we have Publix, Kroger, Academy Sports, Dick's Sporting Goods, Cabela's, Costco, Sam's, Wal Mart, and on Sept 23rd a Gander Mountain will be opening.

If you fly in I suggest flying into Augusta airport at Bush Field.  Some fly into Atlanta. If you have your own plane, Daniel Field is the better choice.  If  you fly into Augusta we can have someone pick you up.

The bottomline is we want as many people as can come and enjoy yourselves and don't worry about any expenses other than you getting here.  We'll take care of the rest. 

If there is anything you need or questions please ask and we'll handle them for you.  Directions will be posted about two weeks out.

Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Fall Gathering Update
« on: August 15, 2014, 04:32:34 PM »
Thank you, Dee, for the recap. I appreciate it!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #