Author Topic: Road Trip Through Texas  (Read 821 times)

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
Road Trip Through Texas
« Reply #-1 on: October 04, 2014, 03:33:41 PM »
My wife and I are planning a road trip.  We plan to leave NC on Wednesday the 8th and drive to Nashville, TN.  From there we are going to Tulsa, OK to visit one of my wife’s favorite needlework shops.  While she is in there, I will be hawking the local stores for BBQ supplies, like Head Country BBQ sauce.  From there we will drive to Amarillo, TX and then on to Lubbock.  Another needlework stop plus the Buddy Holly statue.  From there we will drive to Austin and spend severals days with Navy friends and possibly my wife’s cousin.  Next stop will be San Antonio to visit our “second son” and his family.  During high school he ate as many meals at our house as he did at home.  From San Antonio we will head to Houston and Galveston for several days.  Several more needlework stores for my wife to visit.  From there we hope to drive across toward Mobile and do some sightseeing along the way.  We haven’t figured out what route we will be taking home, yet.

While we are in Austin I plan to visit a few of the local well-known eateries.  When we get to Houston we will hook-up with Don (IR2dum) to see some of the local sights and, of course, eat lots of food.  While in Houston I hope to be able to meet a few of the LTBBQ members on day at lunch.  Don will be coordinating this mini-get together.  Please let me know who will be there.

This whole trip may change due to some of the crazy weather we have seen recently.  I’ll have to let you know if the trip changes.  For now, all is a go.

If there are any forum members on our planned route, let me know and maybe we can get together for a chance to meet and greet.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
Re: Road Trip Through Texas
« on: October 04, 2014, 04:02:29 PM »
I don't seem to be on your route but do enjoy your vacation/trip.
This whole trip may change due to some of the crazy weather we have seen recently.
Its snowing here today  :(

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 04:09:46 PM »
Holler if you are going to be driving through DFW.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 05:08:55 PM »
If there are any forum members on our planned route, let me know and maybe we can get together for a chance to meet and greet.

Looks like you're gonna miss Vegas by a couple of miles, maybe next time. Have a great trip and we will be looking forward to reading your enroute TR's along the way.  :)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 05:29:29 PM »
Have fun on your trip Don and be safe!
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline africanmeat

• Cape Town South Africa
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 04:44:56 AM »
have a safe trip .
Ahron
cadac gas grill
GMG Daniel Boone
MES 30"
RF self made smoker
wood pizza oven
weber

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 05:10:13 AM »
Travel Safe Art,

Devo, please do your best to keep it over there ;D
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.