Author Topic: America's 50 Best Steakhouses, According To MSN  (Read 5474 times)

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
America's 50 Best Steakhouses, According To MSN
« Reply #-1 on: January 14, 2015, 05:28:48 PM »
Now this would be a really good (and expensive) ROAD TRIP!!  I have only eaten at a couple of them. 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/america’s-50-best-steakhouses/ss-BBaufq2#image=30

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline RAD

Re: America's 50 Best Steakhouses, According To MSN
« on: January 14, 2015, 05:53:17 PM »
Now this would be a really good (and expensive) ROAD TRIP!!  I have only eaten at a couple of them. 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/america’s-50-best-steakhouses/ss-BBaufq2#image=1

Art
fixed the link thing
Love to cook and eat

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 06:01:55 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/america’s-50-best-steakhouses/ss-BBaufq2#image=1

Art
fixed the link thing

Thanks for the fix, RAD. I've only been to a few - have to say I love Murray's in MPLS Peter Lugers is awesome, and I really like Gibson's - take customers to Murray's all the time all the time.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 06:08:27 PM »
#10 is Killen's Steakhouse in Pearland, Texas. Y'all have heard of Killen's BBQ in Pearland, right? His steaks are almost as good as his bbq.

Offline Smokerjunky

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 06:36:42 PM »
have been to a few of them but would be more than happy to try more!
Grand Slam Pro
Weber Summit

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 06:40:47 PM »
My place missed the list again  :'( ;)      I don't think I have been to any on the list......does The Sizzler count??  ;)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 07:15:43 PM »
My place missed the list again  :'( ;)      I don't think I have been to any on the list......does The Sizzler count??  ;)

Smoke Sizzler is in the upper echelon of steak houses and is too good to even make this list! :P

I have been to Craftsteak in Vegas and agree it is one of the best steak houses I have been to. They have a salt crusted Kobe beef that is melt in your mouth good!
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 07:31:39 PM »

Art
fixed the link thing

Thanks, buddy! 

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline akruckus

• Smoking the day away...
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 04:08:44 AM »
Never been to any of them but since #4 is in local enough I guess I will have to try it out.

To be perfectly honest,  I grill a mean steak, and I have butter and smoked sea salt to finish it with that is really the thing that puts these over the top if you get a good steak.  Very hot grill, and depending on thickness maybe a 500 degree oven and an extra $40 in your pocket (2x if you include the better half.)
Weber Limited Edition Kettle- Red
PBC
Weber Genesis- "Iggles" Green
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 09:05:45 AM »
To be perfectly honest,  I grill a mean steak, and I have butter and smoked sea salt to finish it with that is really the thing that puts these over the top if you get a good steak.  Very hot grill, and depending on thickness maybe a 500 degree oven and an extra $40 in your pocket (2x if you include the better half.)

What time is dinner?  ;) ;D ;D
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2015, 10:57:40 AM »
Looks like I got some work cut out for me, six places (9, 16, 17, 25, 44, & 46) all in the town I live in.  Haven't been to any of them yet and if $260 ??? is typical for a steak at these places it may be awhile, or at least until I hit a few more royal flushes. ::)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2015, 11:24:00 AM »
Wow  260.00 a steak  ???   Stater Bros has rib eyes on sale for 6.99 a steak, and we are figuring how to get as many as we can for the freezer.................
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline akruckus

• Smoking the day away...
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2015, 01:20:51 PM »

Thursday and Friday nights usually about 6:30ET, Saturday is normally date night, Sunday whenever the meat is done from the day cook usually 4 to be in bed by 6pm.  I work Monday-Thursday 2am-430pm so no real dinner on nights I have to work the next day.

Weber Limited Edition Kettle- Red
PBC
Weber Genesis- "Iggles" Green
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2015, 03:06:57 PM »

Thursday and Friday nights usually about 6:30ET, Saturday is normally date night, Sunday whenever the meat is done from the day cook usually 4 to be in bed by 6pm.  I work Monday-Thursday 2am-430pm so no real dinner on nights I have to work the next day.

Leave a light on...  ;)
Member #

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2015, 03:09:11 PM »

Smoke Sizzler is in the upper echelon of steak houses and is too good to even make this list! :P

I have been to Craftsteak in Vegas and agree it is one of the best steak houses I have been to. They have a salt crusted Kobe beef that is melt in your mouth good!

Remembered I've been to Craftsteak as well, a very well to do client treated me at a trade show a few years ago. It was probably the best steak I have ever had. I had a glimpse of the tab - OMG! Don't anticipate going back anytime soon!  ??? ???

Member #