Author Topic: Dee - we have to try this!  (Read 600 times)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Re: Dee - we have to try this!
« on: August 06, 2015, 10:56:28 PM »
David, My new Chef's Choice Trizor XV Knife Sharpener will do that easily.  One of the commenters had a good comment as to the quality of steel in a butter knife. I agree it would be pretty and may work our well.

While on the site I looked around and the chef had an interesting way to shuck oysters:  Put in boiling water for about 30-45 seconds and then put in iced water until ready to shuck.  Then you just shuck as normal.  He said what happens is the boiling loosens the muscle holding the shell top and bottom together there by making it easier to open.

Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Dee - we have to try this!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 10:59:16 PM »
I'm going to try the knives - look forward to what you might do as well. They oysters sound like a great idea - I'm not much of a shucker...
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #