Author Topic: Cookout with Bremmer Oct 2017  (Read 16812 times)

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
Cookout with Bremmer Oct 2017
« Reply #-1 on: September 08, 2017, 05:39:43 PM »
  I got tired of trying to find this so I'm putting it under Gathering and Road trips...

The cookout for Bremmer.. aka IR2dum is Oct 13-14 2017.  Jack.. aka Jaxon is our gracious host and Deb.. aka his better half is nice enough to put up with us for two days each year.
 It's always great to see those that can make it.   This is one of my top destinations each year.  Can't wait! 

So Jack, We are about as confirmed as I can get now. With all these grandkids you never know what's going to come up....   

Our plan is for Kerry , Myself, Vivian and Marc (sister and brother in law)  to head north Thursday night. We will get a room somewhere along the way.   Then Friday we will wind through the countryside in that direction.  We should get there Friday afternoon. 
 Let me know of any special needs and request for us to bring...   

Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline Jaxon

Re: Cookout with Bremmer Oct 2017
« on: September 13, 2017, 08:06:34 PM »
It took ME awhile to find THIS!

That's great news, Terry.  We'll probably have about 15 folks together this year.  Our tradition is to have ribs for Don - as we do whenever he visits - along with pulled pork and a couple of sides.
Art and Maureen will be here and he will be serving his now famous S O S on Saturday morning.  The rest of the day we'll be grilling / smoking anything we can find - sort of a potluck cook. Of course there will be a "bull ring" where I expect a lot of lies to be told.

Deb and I will provide the plates, napkins, paper towels, etc. along with a light lunch and the supper Friday. Whatever you guys want to bring to cook will be fine.
Bring whatever you want to drink. We'll have ice, too.
Mike said he will be serving pepper stout beef.  You know how everyone brings a little something to throw on the cookers. Albert will be serving tacos as an early afternoon snack.
I hope the admins will keep this from being buried and hard to find.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 09:23:45 PM »
Gotcha covered Jack. The post is in the right place  :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 09:32:38 PM »
My wife and I will be there before noon on Friday. I am bringing my Jumbo Joe which cooks awesome chuck roast and will do some pepper stout beef on either Friday or Saturday. I may also bring along my new 22" Blackstone griddle for anyone who wants to use it.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 09:45:08 PM »
My wife and I will be there before noon on Friday.  I may also bring along my new 22" Blackstone griddle for anyone who wants to use it.

Whilst I was watching your video, I was thinking how cool it would be for you to bring it.  I have a tank of gas just for you to use.
<><

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 10:02:40 PM »
My wife and I will be there before noon on Friday.  I may also bring along my new 22" Blackstone griddle for anyone who wants to use it.

Whilst I was watching your video, I was thinking how cool it would be for you to bring it.  I have a tank of gas just for you to use.

Will definitely bring it a long Jack!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 11:21:56 PM »
I'll make sure I bring enough dried beef to make my Gourmet SOS.  It's my guess that the Col. will pull rank and be at the head of the line for the SOS.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 11:26:05 PM »
I won't be standing in his way...
<><

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 03:37:59 AM »
Terry, I didn't see your post, either. Glad it was brought to the top. I am so pleased that you are bringing Kerry, Vivian, and Marc. I haven't seen Marc in a couple of years. It will be fun to get together again with y'all.

Art and Maureen, I can't wait to taste your award winning SOS. I'll be in line right behind the Col.

Mike, I will love to see you work your magic on that Blackstone. I'm really thinking seriously about getting one and this will give me great insight into how you work yours.

Jaxon, I will be leaving Houston early Thursday morning and will arrive Friday morning. I might try to meet up with Terry and his gang in Mobile because they will be leaving about the time I go through there Thursday evening. I followed him and Marc a couple of years ago and I had to peddle real fast to keep up, but we made good time.

Albert, I only have three requests....picanha, picanha, picanha.

For everybody that wonders what happens at these Gatherings and Cookouts, here are a few videos from years past. Take a look at the food, fun, and camaraderie that happens every time we get together. Please think about joining us on Oct. 13 and 14. Everyone is welcome.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 03:58:19 AM by IR2dum »

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 01:56:24 PM »
  I had to set the cruise on "slow" and my truck thought something was wrong as it has never actually been able to see the painted lines before!   But thats Ok, We got it done and had a great time.
  I will bring some shrimp up and we can BBQ them on the grill this year. 

Terry, I didn't see your post, either. Glad it was brought to the top. I am so pleased that you are bringing Kerry, Vivian, and Marc. I haven't seen Marc in a couple of years. It will be fun to get together again with y'all.

Art and Maureen, I can't wait to taste your award winning SOS. I'll be in line right behind the Col.

Mike, I will love to see you work your magic on that Blackstone. I'm really thinking seriously about getting one and this will give me great insight into how you work yours.

Jaxon, I will be leaving Houston early Thursday morning and will arrive Friday morning. I might try to meet up with Terry and his gang in Mobile because they will be leaving about the time I go through there Thursday evening. I followed him and Marc a couple of years ago and I had to peddle real fast to keep up, but we made good time.

Albert, I only have three requests....picanha, picanha, picanha.

For everybody that wonders what happens at these Gatherings and Cookouts, here are a few videos from years past. Take a look at the food, fun, and camaraderie that happens every time we get together. Please think about joining us on Oct. 13 and 14. Everyone is welcome.

Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 02:05:07 PM »
Wish we could but right now no way with Kimmie's dad not doing well at all.   I'll be there in spirit though! 
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 02:30:42 PM »
Looking forward to shrimp on the barbie, mate...
<><

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 11:57:50 PM »
We'll be cooking with 2 Weber Kettles - one has a rotisserie ring; an offset smoker; an Akorn; a Masterbuilt 40"; and a Cajun injector chicken barrell...PLUS, Mike is bringing his Jumbo Joe and a 22" griddle.  Oh, we'll also have an Assassin 48 inch smoker/grill and an electric stove inside and an Anova sous vide; and an electric pressure cooker / slow cooker if you want to use it; and some cast iron skillets.
count 'em up there and that's more than 5 things to use

Chairs - you might want to bring a lawn chair with you.
<><