Author Topic: A reminder about posting...........  (Read 12903 times)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
A reminder about posting...........
« Reply #-1 on: February 06, 2013, 06:37:51 PM »
While are still growing - and trying to find a "balance" - there will be moments where we all should look at our posts - before pushing the enter key  - and ask ourselves a couple of questions:

1. Am I offering information  to contribute to the discussion a manner that will not be taken as condescending, or a snarky retort to someone?

After all- we do this for fun and relaxation.....At least that is what I hope the common motivation is. There are plenty of other forums that seem to thrive on adversarial tempered threads. This is not that kind of place. Further - please bear in mind that if you look up and to the left on any page that you wish to respond to a threa, you may see that the thread is on a Site Sponsor's Forum Section.
So, we are sort of - in their showroom, or office - in sense. I know that if we recognize this, we would not embarrass LTBBQ by being argumentative in our Site SPonsors "house"

2. Am I considering HOW I say it at least as important as WHAT I have to say.
It is easy to tie up a lot of emotion and ego in our love of cooking. Some could argue that one must have passion to be truly a good cook or chef. No argument from me there....But, we really need to just take a moment to consider that others have the same feelings. Try to leave the ego out of the discussion, and you will find that you will find your comments are better received, and respected more.

I bring this up - because of late we have had a couple of threads that have gone a bit negative. There is no need - and no enjoyment in that for other users of this site. So, if you derive a smug sense of satisfaction from smarmy jabs at others - consider this a formal request to stop it.
I think we all enjoy joking and teasing with one another and that can be healthy part of a discussion. But the difference between good natured fun and  the other outlined behaviors is clear to anyone.

So - I am asking all to consider what I am saying here as how we need to keep LTBBQ fun and friendly. I do not believe in treating adults like children, and I am not going to create a lot of rules.
We all know how to be nice and friendly.

T

BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401