Author Topic: Pics From the 2013 Magnolia Cook off  (Read 1887 times)

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Re: Pics From the 2013 Magnolia Cook off
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2013, 07:58:41 PM »
Boy that is a huge crowd!

Those grill marks on that steak are very impressive! Did you a degree gauge and a laser level? ;)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline SiFumar

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2013, 10:56:21 PM »
Looks like a lot of fun! Great looking steak!
Pit Barrel Cooker
Bradley Original
Bradley Counter Top
SRG
Char Broil Grill

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2013, 11:17:29 PM »
Your steak looks wonderful.  Sorry ou didn't win but as long as y'all had fun!
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2013, 03:43:04 AM »
Great pics.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Palmyrasteak

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2013, 05:35:39 PM »
Must be impossible to judge these things. Yours looks perfect!
One of the problems I had at this competition was having to cook a thin steak. All of the comps so far have had steaks that average 1 1/4 " thick steaks. Not sure why, but these was about 3/4". I had to adjust my time to try to hit the med. done that we have to get. I am pretty sure I went to long and got it to dry. Something happened..... WE LOST!  :-[

You need to turn in a medium steak? Yep. The steak has to be cooked medium. They will judge this as a "warm pink center with no blood" I try to allow it to be under cooked just a bit so by the time they cut it, it will have finished to a medium.

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2013, 05:41:40 PM »
Must be impossible to judge these things. Yours looks perfect!
One of the problems I had at this competition was having to cook a thin steak. All of the comps so far have had steaks that average 1 1/4 " thick steaks. Not sure why, but these was about 3/4". I had to adjust my time to try to hit the med. done that we have to get. I am pretty sure I went to long and got it to dry. Something happened..... WE LOST!  :-[

You need to turn in a medium steak? Yep. The steak has to be cooked medium. They will judge this as a "warm pink center with no blood" I try to allow it to be under cooked just a bit so by the time they cut it, it will have finished to a medium.

That's difficult enough at home - gotta be real tough when you don't know exactly when it will tasted...  ??? I'm impressed with how you guys (competitors) do that sort of thing.

You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2013, 08:38:06 PM »
I am very impressed with the size of the crowd and the minute attention to detail on the steaks.  That is an art that you have perfected or are as close to perfection as can be.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers