Author Topic: Fall Gathering 2013 Update  (Read 1713 times)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Fall Gathering 2013 Update
« Reply #-1 on: July 22, 2013, 08:26:30 PM »
Well, it's exactly two months to the week before  our Fall Gathering Sep 23-29 at the Central Christian Church Recreation Area on Clarks Hill Lake up the Savannah River from Augusta, GA.  I'll repost all the pertinent info from the original announcement for those who did not see it.

Later this week I'll post the directions and the road address so you can use your GPS if you have one.

Even though we have the facility for the entire week you are encouraged to come any time you can.  We have even had folks show up for just a couple of hours.

Within 20 miles we have a couple of Publix stores, two super Wal Marts, an Academy Sports.  Lowes, Home Depot, and a new Costco is about 30 miles away.  So if you want to buy something those are available.

I had an offer from one of our folks here who is unable to attend has offered to send some food and the offer is accepted and appreciated.  I am not giving the name our because I didn't ask for permission to expose him, his generosity and ruin his reputation.

As always, if you have any questions or comments respond back here or PM me.  If there is ANYTHING you want or need please let me know.  The purpose of this Gathering is for all of us who can get together and enjoy each other's company.

Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
Re: Fall Gathering 2013 Update
« on: July 22, 2013, 09:00:12 PM »
To add further "interest" to the Gathering, I am planning on making at least one cheesecake for the event.  Thinking of making Deb's Famous Bourbon Pecan cheesecake with a bourbon laced butterscotch caramel sauce.  I already know that Rick and Chrystal like the sauce by itself.  Shot glasses optional.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 09:24:10 PM »
Some of  things "planned" are demonstrations on knife sharpening, sausage making, Saturday night supper, and a presentation by DRHolly on his travels to Central and South America.  We will also have a short Sunday service for those who desire to attend.  I feel like I'm forgetting something else we talked about. If you remember or want to add anything please let me know.

Oh, by the way, the lake is at full pool for the first time in about 4 years.

Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 10:39:48 PM »
I'm all ready packed.

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 02:18:35 AM »
... the lake is at full pool ...

dee - What does that mean in English?
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline nepas

• Ft Pierce Fl. Member #35
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 08:08:26 AM »

You mean in turtle-ish?
Flint
New Elder Wand with infa red tip.

Offline nepas

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 08:09:01 AM »
We will be taking the RV up the rd  :o
Flint

Offline Tenpoint5

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 08:17:24 AM »

That means the top of your shell won't be sticking out of the water!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 10:22:58 AM »
Granted I don't see lakes very often (we don't have many of them here) but I've not heard the term, "full pool" used before except to describe a crowded swimming facility.

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 11:22:51 AM »
For the past 4 years it has been extremely dry here in GA.  Most of the major lakes, like Clarks Hill, are man-made (A dam stops up the river)
have been getting lower and lower (lack of water flowing down the river).
To measure the depth of the lake, they would say something like "it is 4 feet below full pool.  Full pool is the level at which the lake is considered full.  It has been way yonder below full pool for a couple of years.  But so far this year we have had abundant rainfall amounts - almost equal to monsoons - much more rain in the first 6 months of this year than all the rain we had last year.
More water flowing down the river filled the lake to the brim...Dee can tell you how deep it is at the dam( over 300 ft, I believe)...whatever the depth, it is at full pool.

just sayin'...
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 12:52:03 PM »
Entiendo ahora. Gracias.

Offline Albert Rivera

• Albert is a"Foodie"
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 01:10:18 PM »
Entiendo ahora. Gracias.

OK, I now understand (me too)

Hi Ya' turtle!

I am soooo excited about this year's gathering!

ACW3 stated last year his goal for this year was to do a Cheese Cake, and by gosh it looks like he is going to do it!

As for me I promised smoked salmon... still to be seen.

Looking forward to this wonderful event; hope to be in the country.
God bless you,
Albert

Offline nepas

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 01:12:33 PM »
To add further "interest" to the Gathering, I am planning on making at least one cheesecake for the event.  Thinking of making Deb's Famous Bourbon Pecan cheesecake with a bourbon laced butterscotch caramel sauce.  I already know that Rick and Chrystal like the sauce by itself.  Shot glasses optional.

Art

WOOO HOOO
Flint

Offline nepas

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2013, 06:16:33 PM »

Art

FYI

When Art cuts the cake....Going In  :P
Flint