Author Topic: BBQ PILGRIMADGE TODAY  (Read 1579 times)

Offline africanmeat

• Cape Town South Africa
Re: BBQ PILGRIMADGE TODAY
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2013, 10:21:54 AM »
wow it looks amazing

[attachment deleted by admin]
Ahron
cadac gas grill
GMG Daniel Boone
MES 30"
RF self made smoker
wood pizza oven
weber

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2013, 02:52:53 PM »
In all seriousness, maybe a Stanley's get together would work.  Tyler would be a nice in between for the DFW/Houston folks and not too bad for some others.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2013, 03:20:51 AM »
CaptJack and IR, if you guys make the run to Killen's you only have three weekends left.  He's going to shut down at the end of the month until the finish the new BBQ restaurant in October (Broadway near Main).  If you guys want to do a weekday run once they're up and running I'd love to meet up with y'all.

Sounds great. Can't wait. I'm sure CaptCuz is all in, also. I will be back in town the 2nd week of October after the Gathering in Augusta. You should consider attending this Gathering. Only the finest outdoor cooks on this forum (and other forums) will be there and you are one of them. It is the last week of this month (about two weeks away). Dee will give you the lowdown on this event shortly.

Offline Savannah Stoker Controller

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2013, 02:43:11 PM »
You should have stood in line for 2.5 hours, worth every minute of the wait.
My wife and I were in San Antonio for vacation last week and drove up to Austin on Tuesday (9-3-13) to eat at Franklin's. I contacted Aaron a few weeks prior to make sure he would be there. (Met him at the taping of BBQ Pitmasters). He said come Tuesday and be in line around 9:00. Aaron came out and got us about 9:15. He gave us a tour of the pits and  answered a lot of questions. We returned to the line and got to the counter about 12:00. Ordered the Brisket (fat and lean), pork, turkey, ribs, sausage, pintos, and slaw. All I can say is it was the best Brisket I have ever eaten.

Also went to Lockhart on Friday and  to Smitty's, Blacks, Kreitz; was disappointed to say the least.

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2013, 03:59:59 PM »
Now that's a way to spend a day Don!!  Good or bad BBQ it beats my day with a bum knee!
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2013, 04:27:02 PM »

[/quote]
 You should consider attending this Gathering. Only the finest outdoor cooks on this forum (and other forums) will be there and you are one of them. It is the last week of this month (about two weeks away). Dee will give you the lowdown on this event shortly.
[/quote]

And I will be there, too, as the sous chef.  Although "vide"
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!