Author Topic: Road Trip To Krewe du Smoke  (Read 5413 times)

Offline TwoPockets

Re: Road Trip To Krewe du Smoke
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2014, 11:03:23 AM »
Will kick the tires and light the fires  - and aim it south at 0800. Gonna stop off at the Lodge factory store in South Pittsburg TN - then go have dinner with Tommy, Kimmie, and some more forum folks at Big Bob Gibson's - and crash at Tommy's for the nite.
Friday - will cruise into N.O.
Keep one canister close - I might you to mark the LZ............. ;)

Wish I had read this earlier, I would have driven up to Gibson's. You will drive about a mile from my house if you are going down I-65 through Birmingham.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2014, 04:18:35 PM »
Ken I wish I knew you would have come up for dinner, you would have had a ball.   Gus Robin and his better half (really he married UP!)  ;)  were there along with  Albert and his better half, Kimmie and myself plus Tee and Robert (a friend of Tee's)

We ate talked and had a great time, wish Art could have made it  :(

Tee even met my son the deputy  ;)  still think he should have put those cuffs on Tee  :D :D :D       
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2014, 04:55:23 PM »
The trip has just started.  Plenty of time and opportunities for Tee to get a set of cuffs before the end of the trip.

Tommy,
I wish I could have made the trip, too.  What did everyone have to eat at Big Bob Gibson's?

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2014, 05:25:14 PM »
The trip has just started.  Plenty of time and opportunities for Tee to get a set of cuffs before the end of the trip.

Tommy,
I wish I could have made the trip, too.  What did everyone have to eat at Big Bob Gibson's?

Art
Ribs, Pulled pork, Turkey and Brisket.  The Brisket really ain't all that great but the turkey and ribs are good.

Tim took pictures and will post them soon (I hope)  I forgot to take any  :-[   was to busy talking and eating  :D :D :D :D :D 

I served Tee and Robert breakfast this morning.  Eggs, coffee, sausage and biscuits with homemade gravy  ;)  Don't worry Pam nowhere as good as yours  ;) ;) ;)  I do have a picture I'll post tonight

Art Kimmie says THANKS!!!!!!!  For the box of goodies!! ;)
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2014, 08:01:57 PM »

Tommy,

Art
Ribs, Pulled pork, Turkey and Brisket.  The Brisket really ain't all that great but the turkey and ribs are good.

Tim took pictures and will post them soon (I hope)  I forgot to take any  :-[   was to busy talking and eating  :D :D :D :D :D 

I served Tee and Robert breakfast this morning.  Eggs, coffee, sausage and biscuits with homemade gravy  ;)  Don't worry Pam nowhere as good as yours  ;) ;) ;)  I do have a picture I'll post tonight

Art Kimmie says THANKS!!!!!!!  For the box of goodies!! ;)

I was really hoping to present her with the box of goodies personally.  Maybe next year.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline BAM1

« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2014, 10:01:41 AM »
Been having a blast here in the big easy and will post some photos when I get a chance.  Want to thank Lost Arrow and family for their hospitality last night at their home away from home in the Garden District.  Was able to spend some quality time with Tee talking Super pig strategy.
BAMBQ KCBS BBQ Team
Traeger Texas model 075 w/Savannah Stoker
GMG Jim Bowie
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID and 900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Backwoods Fatboy
Charbroil SRG
Kamodo Big Joe
2 Gateway Drum smokers
KCBS CBJ

Offline nepas

• Ft Pierce Fl. Member #35
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2014, 05:29:54 PM »
I'm big with nola spice and stuff but can never have enuff gator and zapps.

2 lbs of gator ready for sumpn  ;D

Gotta get my zapps fix.

Only thing missing is the great Hubig's pies. Sadly they have no news on re building since the fire destroyed their building in July 2012  :(
Flint
New Elder Wand with infa red tip.

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2014, 12:47:13 PM »
As I was passing through New Orleans last Tuesday afternoon, I stopped in a bar called Luke's in the Hilton. I was sitting at the bar when in comes teesquare and his friend Rob. Then a few minutes later, the Turtle and his lovely wife, Debbie, walk in. And then Bam1 and his lovely wife appear (first time I met Bam). I was in hog heaven with all these forum celebrities around me. Well, maybe not hog heaven, but oyster on the half shell heaven. Those guys can put down the oysters. I'm thinking 8 dozen. It was the last remnants of the Krewe du Smoke. John (Lost Arrow) and KYNola and Jan had to leave NOLA a little early so I missed them and I'm sorry that I missed Nepas and 10.5 who left on the weekend. I've met John before, but I was looking forward to meeting KYNola and Jan. Maybe next trip. We had a good visit all the way through happy hour. Later in the evening, I found out that I can't play pool. Debbie and I partnered against Tim and Rob and they gave us a good beat down. Tim and Rob had to leave the next morning, but I had the opportunity to enjoy lunch with Turtle and Debbie and a few of their friends at Bayona and it was magnificent. Food perfection as it should be. Then we walked around to the French Market so Turtle could pick up his Jazz Fest passes and do a little looking and shopping. All in all, it was a wonderful visit. I consider myself very fortunate to be able to hang around so many good people. I think Tim took some pics and maybe Turtle has a few on his phone and I have a few on my phone so maybe someone will post a few in the near future. I'll post mine after next weekend when I get back home.

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2014, 02:48:21 PM »
I would have loved to make the trip down there! Maybe next year if things settle down.

We do have long weekend trip coming up this next weekend. Going down to Mexico Beach FL for 5 days. I am afraid with all this rain the Apalach oyster bays will be closed but we will eat some good shrimp and snapper for sure.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2014, 05:25:56 AM »
Wow,that smoke sure is a foodie paradise,looks fantastic.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.