Author Topic: Krewe du Smoke Roll Call  (Read 3439 times)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Krewe du Smoke Roll Call
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2014, 09:26:21 AM »
Chris her bag is full of clothes and your's is full of sausage and a famous Iowa rye whiskey....right?
8) 8) 8)
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2014, 09:13:40 PM »
I have some good news and some bad news.  Bad news first (at least for me).  I have had to cancel out on the NOLA trip due to family obligations.  Tim has been very aware of what has been going on in my household for the past several months.  Back on January 28 my wife had her left knee replaced.  The surgery was a huge success.  Her post surgery physical therapy has gone fairly well, too.  Unfortunately, two weeks after her surgery she developed some symptoms that has left her unable to eat properly.  This condition still exists today.  Eventually they determined that her gall bladder needed to be removed.  She had a 6.2 mm stone and a lot of “sludge” in her gall bladder.  The stone was not the problem.  The “sludge” (I love the technical medical terminology the doctor used) was the problem.  A week ago she had her gall bladder removed.  While she is having to learn to eat again, this goes very slowly.  She still exhibits some of the same symptoms that existed before the last surgery.  It looks like it will take a while for her body to adjust to dealing with the bile that used to go to the gall bladder.  After 45 years of marriage I could not turn down her request to stay with her next week instead of going to NOLA.  For those who know me, as well as those who don’t, hoist one for me if you will.

Now the good news.  I was going to bring some goodies to share.  I am delivering them to Tim tomorrow to bring with him.  I am sending the leftover sample cheesecakes I made for the last Fall Gathering for this who did not get to experience them.  In addition I am sending my latest creation; mini Mexican chocolate cheesecakes.  For the ladies in attendance I am sending some sampler boxes of the chocolate covered coconut eggs and chocolate covered butter creams.  I hope I send enough. 

So, everyone please enjoy the get-together.  Maybe my wife and I can attend next year’s event.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline KyNola

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2014, 09:25:59 PM »
I am so sorry to learn of your wife's health problems.  While NOLA will be a good time you are certainly making the right decision to stay at home and take care of your wife.  Family always comes first.

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2014, 09:37:14 PM »
Art - please be sure to add extra padlocks to the cases containing the chocolates and the cheesecakes....I don't want to be responsible for my own actions when left alone with them, and really do not want a lot of high heel marks on my noggin' if I show up with chocolate on my face and empty boxes..... ;D ;)
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline BAM1

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2014, 09:43:50 PM »
Art sorry to hear you won't be making the trip, we were looking forward to seeing you again.  Give Maureen our best and hope for a speedy recovery.  Tim, will you be traveling alone or will your lovely wife be along to keep you company supervise you :)
BAMBQ KCBS BBQ Team
Traeger Texas model 075 w/Savannah Stoker
GMG Jim Bowie
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID and 900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Backwoods Fatboy
Charbroil SRG
Kamodo Big Joe
2 Gateway Drum smokers
KCBS CBJ

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2014, 09:48:17 PM »
Wish I could bring her BAM...but she is in St. Louis on business this week, and will be inundated with catching up in our office. Tried to convince here that the work would be there when we get back from N.O....but could not sell her.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2014, 10:00:30 PM »
Art -We'll miss you. Helping Mama is about the only excuse that would have worked.

tee - Deliver the goods. Or else. But you knew that.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2014, 10:25:27 PM »
Art so sorry to hear, Kimmie was looking forward to meeting you as well as Tim.  But family comes first this I understand well.  We'll keep y'all in our thoughts and prayers
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2014, 10:34:12 PM »
Art -We'll miss you. Helping Mama is about the only excuse that would have worked.

tee - Deliver the goods. Or else. But you knew that.

I may have to charge some interest and "carrying charges"....for all of the emotional agony of un-due self restraint that I must exercise in order to  get the goodies there un-harmed. Either that - or the other voices in my head will eat it all.... :D :D :D
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2014, 11:22:58 PM »
I really appreciate your thoughts and support.  This is yet another example of why this is such a great site.  Everyone, those that I have met and those I have yet to meet, has been really great.

Our next goal is to make the Fall Gathering.  My wife, Maureen is planning on attending.  I will tell you right now, she will not be sleeping at the camp grounds.  She does not camp!!  Of course, to keep peace and harmony in the family, I will have to stay where she will be staying.  (I'm not real fond of scorpions, either).  She has already met a few of the characters that call LTBBQ home.  She wants to meet more.  It's really nice when I can use someone's handle and she knows who I am talking about.

If Tee shows up with chocolate on his face and the boxes are empty, you have my permission to see that he pays for his transgressions.  Turtle, will you act as Judge (and jury), if required?

Art

Maureen told me tonight that she owes me big time for giving up a trip I talked have about for quite a while.  I am going to have to start planning on my/her payment.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 11:25:56 PM by ACW3 »
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2014, 11:34:49 PM »
Art,
While we weren't going to NOLA, Debbie and I were looking forward to seeing you guys as you came through Huntsville. Tell Maureen our thoughts and prayers are with you both.
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline BAM1

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2014, 11:42:37 PM »
Maybe your reward for being nurse Goodbody could be a trip to the MWSO at 10.5's abode :) :)
BAMBQ KCBS BBQ Team
Traeger Texas model 075 w/Savannah Stoker
GMG Jim Bowie
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID and 900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Backwoods Fatboy
Charbroil SRG
Kamodo Big Joe
2 Gateway Drum smokers
KCBS CBJ

Offline Tenpoint5

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2014, 11:58:56 PM »
Yep you made the right choice Art. I will send home some samples out of the Sausage Vault. If Tim thinks the beating he will receive from the wives for eating their chocolates will be bad. He will probably grossly underestimate the beating for eating your Sausage samples!! Live well my friend. Tell Maureen we are all pulling for her and wish her a speedy recovery!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2014, 02:53:44 AM »
Art, I hope that your wife gets better. I know that she is in good hands with you by her side. Sorry that you can't make your trip, but there is a greater need for you. Please give Maureen a big hug and tell her that we are all pulling for her. We'll see you both at the Fall Gathering.

Offline nepas

• Ft Pierce Fl. Member #35
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2014, 08:37:06 AM »
Art

We will miss ya but you take care of Maureen 1st. We will get together soon.

Prayers and hugs to her.
Flint
New Elder Wand with infa red tip.