Author Topic: Krewe du Smoke - Phase II  (Read 911 times)

Offline Ka Honu

Krewe du Smoke - Phase II
« Reply #-1 on: April 15, 2014, 01:45:52 AM »
First let me salute Lost Arrow and his support staff/family ... They are better men and women than all of us - partying through a birthday, French Quarter Fest, Easter/Krewe du Smoke, and JazzFest all within a month. My liver (which is as well trained as anyone's and better than most) would have seized up about mid-celebration.

Next - Phase II begins (on my calendar) on Tuesday the 22nd (which happens to be SWMBO's birthday so I may be behaving better than usual - or not). We're planning on getting into town about noon and meeting whoever is available at Luke (in the Hilton on St. Charles between Canal & Poydras) at 3 PM for Happy Hour. As I understand it we'll see KyNola & Jan, tee2, LA & Ms. T, BAM1 & Mrs. BAM, and possibly a mystery guest.  Anyone else? Dinner plans are fluid since we'll probably be close to overserved by the end of Happy Hour.

We're meeting a bunch of Hawaii friends on Wednesday for lunch at Bayona (Dauphine between St. Louis & Conti in the quarter). Not cheap but one of NOLA's top restaurants and someplace you want to take your significant other.  Anyone who's available is welcome to join us but I'll need to know in time to adjust our reservation.

Likewise Wednesday evening at Bon Ton Cafe (next to the Country Inn on Magazine).

See y'all next week.

Note for LA - We need to talk about bringing me a tarp or something if you have one so I can save space for you at our Acura hangout the day(s) you or the Fordettes will get there "late" (after 11:30 or so). Also, if you're going to the Dr. John tribute at the Saenger on the 3rd and can get a couple of extra tickets, let me know.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline BAM1

Re: Krewe du Smoke - Phase II
« on: April 15, 2014, 01:24:18 PM »
We'll come to Luke on Tuesday. 
BAMBQ KCBS BBQ Team
Traeger Texas model 075 w/Savannah Stoker
GMG Jim Bowie
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID and 900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Backwoods Fatboy
Charbroil SRG
Kamodo Big Joe
2 Gateway Drum smokers
KCBS CBJ

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 02:01:37 PM »
Yep...I gotta make it. Mostly to offer accolades and respect to any woman that can "tame the Turtle"..... :D :D :D :D
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 03:11:19 PM by teesquare »
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 02:18:37 PM »
"Note for LA - We need to talk about bringing me a tarp or something if you have one so I can save space for you at our Acura hangout the day(s) you or the Fordettes will get there "late" (after 11:30 or so). Also, if you're going to the Dr. John tribute at the Saenger on the 3rd and can get a couple of extra tickets, let me know."
Ill get you the tarp."
I have extra bag chairs if you need two.
Dr john was sold out ???
New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 04:24:35 PM »
Ill get you the tarp. Excellent
I have extra bag chairs if you need two. I have one (they keep it for me at the hotel) but could probably use one more.
Dr john was sold out ??? Why am I not surprised?

See you Tuesday!
Everyone is entitled to my opinion