Author Topic: Thursday Night PBC Wings  (Read 4562 times)

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
Re: Thursday Night PBC Wings
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2014, 03:34:09 PM »
I must say those are perfect wings. When ever I have tried wings in my PBC the wing tips get really burnt. So how do you get them so perfect?

Offline Hub

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2014, 03:49:32 PM »
As Art knows, I have opinions  ::)

On at least two occasions I have been "gifted" with giant bottles of Texas Pete.  This has been in wry response to prior comments on the topic of hot sauce.  Over Dunn (who may chime in if he reads this thread) tried to poison me with it on a BBQ joint crawl in Lexington a few years back and my contest cooking partner BMerrill (who witnessed the crime) later tried to foist some off on me.  Neither attempt was successful.

Fact be told, TP has a superb marketing force and, I am told, GIVES IT AWAY to restaurants.  Being cost-conscious, they easily fall into the trap.  Fact be told, if TP was the only hot sauce available I would probably consume it since I am rather fond of hot stuff in bottles and despise bland food, often slathering boring pap with something to wake it up.  Indeed, I have probably had it disguised as something else or cleverly hidden in something else many times.  I am still alive  ::)

I have a penchant for the occasional sarcastic remark and do dearly love good sarcasm.  However, it is a dangerous form of humor and it has gotten me in plenty of trouble through the years.  Thus, my intent here is comical, not to impugn anyone's favorite brand of red flavoring  ;D.  If, perchance, I have offended you, please be assuaged.  If you really want to be offended I could do a much better job of it.  Just ask my friends on Facebook.  I apologize to them on what amounts to pretty much a daily basis.

End of thread hijack . . . we now return to the original topic.

Hub
Committed Pellethead & BBQ Writer
KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Ph.B.
Memphis Advantage
NOS American-made Traeger 075
Weber Performer
NG Weber Spirit (warming oven)
PBC
NO SMOKE DETECTOR IN MY OUTDOOR KITCHEN

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2014, 04:34:14 PM »
I must say those are perfect wings. When ever I have tried wings in my PBC the wing tips get really burnt. So how do you get them so perfect?

Have you tried foil wrapping the tips of the wings?  I know that sounds like a PIA but it would help prevent the burnt tips.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2014, 04:41:47 PM »

Have you tried foil wrapping the tips of the wings?  I know that sounds like a PIA but it would help prevent the burnt tips.

Think that would work and yes it would be a PIA. Not that most people eat the tips but it's all about presentation right?

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2014, 06:02:28 PM »

Think that would work and yes it would be a PIA. Not that most people eat the tips but it's all about presentation right?

Heck, maybe we could start a whole new BBQ concept based on burnt ends, it would be burnt tips.  ::) :P
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)